Surefire U2 Ultra w/ Z33 Lanyard

Sharp

Enlightened
To all of those who didn't try the Surefire solution to the U2's need for a lanyard, or are about to buy the lanyard kit suggested by Surefire ( Z33 ), please read this.

I own both a U2 and various lights using the Z33 lanyard, such as Z2's and Z3's and an L6. On the Surefire site, all of these lights are said to use the same Z33 lanyard kit. It also includes the U2, which, however, doesn't come with one. Anyway, when it comes down to put the lanyard on, there will be a small surprise...

By putting the Z33 Lanyard Kits of my lights on my U2, there won't be enough space for the U2's tailcap to run down the barrel and let the leaf contacts close the electrical circuit, therefore, not lighting up.

The reason for why I'm posting this is to primarily ask what lanyard sold by Surefire should be used, since just buying them all and trying them isn't the best option, I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Richard

cy

Flashaholic
simply leave off the Z33 ring and clip directly to U2 clip

u2 lanyard.JPG

Sharp

Enlightened
Already tried this, and I'm sure there are better ways to put a lanyard on the U2. OK, so I'll put the question like this: What lanyard kit, sold by Surefire, and without any modding or adaptation should be used on the U2?

Thank you,
Richard

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
I planned to do this with the modification of the lanyard ring. was going to heat it and form it to the same shape as the clip (under the ring) and cut it to fit in place. OTOH I could probably find some wire of similer gauge and make from scratch. then replace the clip with the loop.

Boltgun