8NX lens cracked... where to get replacement?

Mikjk

Newly Enlightened
hi all, first post here. hopefully someone will be able to help me out. i have a Surefire 8NX and while working, it landed on the ground lmap end first. as a result, the lens cracked and i would like to get a replacement. the part that holds the lens unscrews from the light bezel and i would think that this part that holds the lens is replaceable. i visited the Surefire homepage, but i didn't see a section for spare parts. can someone point me in the right direction? i plan on getting the protective lens cover from Surefire for this light.

haven't had any problems with the 8NX, as some others have had with the battery life after recharging. i think i have a couple of good batteries... "CM17"

Jon

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Call surefire, I'm sure they'll take care of you.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Jon,

I will echo what Hoghead said... Welcome to CPF.

Sorry to hear your lens broke. I think you have to unscrew the very end piece to replace the lens. It looks like it takes a spanner of some sort.

I am sure SureFire has replacement lenses. Call them and check it out.

I have dropped mine several times and it is still intact. You will just have to learn how to drop it correctly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My CM10 B90's are working quite well too. I can get 53 minutes of burn time if I leave them on the charger until the green light flashes. It seems they are not fully charged when the green light just turns on.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Tom

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Jon,

When you call Surefire you might want to ask how much a new bezel would cost. I don't think they are all that expensive and it would be easier to just screw on a new bezel. They might even give you a lens or bezel for free. Surefire guarantees every think except lamps, batteries and (I think tape switches).

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Jon,

As everybody else said, SureFire would probably fix it for free, but it sometimes takes SF a while.

You might also wany to checkout flashlightlens.

The owner of the company is a regular here at CPF and might have something that would work [probably even better than the stock lens].

He's a real nice guy and his prices are reasonable, if you explain the situation he might even give you a break on the price.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Surefire and requested a new bezel for my 8NX. I received one in the mail about 10 days later. It was still the Lexan lens version.

Is the 8NX now coming with pyrex?

Mikjk

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys, i did call Surefire and they r sending me out a new lens cover. it's covered under the warranty. i think i will see if i can remove the cracked lens and replace it with the one from Flashlightlens.com... should make for an interesting 1st project with my flashlights.

thanks to all again!

Jon