Norwegian Bachelor Farmers?

scott

Enlightened
I just watched a (very good) movie titled *Kitchen Stories* about Norwegian bachelor farmers. Garrison Keillor frequently refers to Norwegian bachelor farmers during his Prairy Home Companion monologues.

So what's the deal with Norwegian bachelor farmers? Are there no women in Norway? What gives?

Scott

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Norwegian bachlor farmers are so terribly shy... it takes all that they've got just to do what needs to be done in the farm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
...it takes all that they've got just to do what needs to be done in the farm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they need to eat Powdermilk Biscuits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
...in the big brown bag with the dark stains that indicate freshness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've seen a couple of his shows in person and I had the great honor of meeting him and shaking his hand. He is a modern day Mark twain, a national treasure.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yeah, I enjoy those too. Also enjoy "The Lives of the Cowboys" and "The Cafe Beouf," but the part that always mesmerizes me is the News from Lake Wobegone. It was amazing to watch him rattle off the whole monologue off the top of his head without any notes.

was_jlh

Enlightened
If you miss a show, they keep them archived on the website too.

Latest posts