Did you guys know that NYC

matt_j

Enlightened
911 Emergency Medical Service was up to 4800 calls for January 1 alone? Thats one ambulance call every 20 seconds. Damn I'm tired.

Matt

matt_j

Enlightened
Yeah pretty much. Problem is that people don't know how to drink these days. I think that drinking permission should be granted based on yoru behaviour and etiquette not on age.

I was in the ER with my patient when ball dropped.

Matt

Greta

Flashaholic
Why do you think New Year's Eve is referred to as "Amateur Night"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I was listening to the ole' scanner on New Years Eve...lots and lots of fights in Anchorage --> certainly more than normal. Someone said something about New Years Eve falling on a Friday night or something, though I don't think that could have been the problem.

Too many idiots out there for sure! I stay at home and participate in "recreational scanning"!! It's got to be one of the prime nights for listening!

Oh and fireworks are illegal within the municipality of Anchorage as well...but that doesn't stop most folks in my neighborhood. I don't do it, but once again participate as a "recreational viewer" on my back deck (while listening to our "Finest" scurrying about trying to catch these "criminals"!).

Then top it all off with the icy road conditions that we have...what a hoot of a night! Guess I'm getting "wiser" in my old age by not being an "active participant" in these activities anymore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
My understanding is that in some areas of town, Dallas cops are instructed to seek cover 15 minutes before midnight and to stay there until all the bullets shot into the air have landed...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
My understanding is that in some areas of town, Dallas cops are instructed to seek cover 15 minutes before midnight and to stay there until all the bullets shot into the air have landed...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can believe it. There are idiots in my city (thankfully nowhere near where I live) who shoot their guns into the air at midnight. Apparently they think that the law of gravity doesn't apply on New Year's Eve, and they do all sorts of damage.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Samoan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Why do you think New Year's Eve is referred to as "Amateur Night"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...

While not the proper thing to say it's nights light this that make me wish the driving were left to the professional drunks. They've been making it home unscathed for years...

Our party started to peter out right at about 1:30. I suggested to folks that they either make a run for it or find the energy to hang out until the club hoppers had made it home or to Denny's.

Didn't have the same problem last year. I was over at another friend's house and before we knew it, it was 4:00 AM...

-F

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That is no myth.
My patrol captain has said the same thing.
He used to be a Florida leo.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I was actually awake for the first time in years when midnight rolled around - in my jammies, sitting on the couch, with a book - the rest of the family in bed, the cars safely well off the street