PDF of Arc 4+ instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrg3013

Newly Enlightened
I have a bookmark that used to point to a PDF file of the Arc 4+ instructions. As might be expected, the link no longer works. Does anybody still have a copy of this file? I lost the original hard-copy instructions that came with my Arc 4..

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Not a pdf. None the less link to here for advanced instructions. Also you might check out the FAQ thread in the Arc forum. Scroll way down to the Arc4+ stuff.

cheers,
zwf

rwolff

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

I have a bookmark that used to point to a PDF file of the Arc 4+ instructions. As might be expected, the link no longer works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have it bookmarked, I assume you were referring to it on a regular basis. It's too late now, but in future if you're dependent on a document hosted by someone else, make a local copy. Even a document on a manufacturer's site is unreliable when (not if) they EOL the product, or especially if they go out of business.

kaseri

Enlightened
I can make a .PDF of the link Zulu provided. Let me know if that is something that you would like.

georget98

Enlightened
I think he's referring to this

arc4front.gif

arc4back.gif

mrg3013

Newly Enlightened
ZWF - yeah, I found that link. I'm pretty sure that the link that I have (to the file Arc4newInstructions.pdf in some guy's home account at www.acsu.buffalo.edu) matched the page of instructions sent with the Arc4, formatting, logo and all. Although now I'm starting to think I'm remembering it wrong.

rowlff - I thought I did. I got a hard-copy that came with the light so I may have whacked the local copy at some point.

kaseri - thanks for the offer, but not necessary.

georget98 - nice. This will help. Thanks.

georget98

Enlightened
I created the images above (JPEG helped me with the thumb!). I formatted them to print on a standard 2 x 3.5 business card. You're welcome to post them on your site. I made them for the CPF community.

The JPEG took my original in MS publisher and fixed it up then created the .pdf

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you very much!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'll add them to my Arc4 page at once.

georget98

Enlightened
You might want to link to the two Arc4 flight trainers, also. I wrote mine in JavaScript and it's here. If you want to put it on your site, I'll email you a zipped up copy. It's about 150k total.

There's an Easter Egg in the code, too. 10 click into the menu then wait about 10 seconds for the dim-bright-dim-bright error flash. Then click on the title "Virtual".

When I wrote mine, JPEG wrote one in Flash -- Peter made it a contest between us so he could get the best one. Unfortunately the spec changes were coming fast and furious while we were trying to create stable programs and Peter ended up with a short lived programmers' insurrection on his hands.

JPEG's certainly looks a lot better than mine. It's here. The Easter Egg in this one is to click it on, type coders, then click it off. You'll have to contact JPEG if you want permission to copy it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
georget98 said:
You might want to link to the two Arc4 flight trainers, also. I wrote mine in JavaScript and it's here. If you want to put it on your site, I'll email you a zipped up copy. It's about 150k total.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the permission to use your trainer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
FYI the trainer is now available on my Arc 4 web page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
So if anything happens to the one hosted at egeorgeonline.com, I'll have a working copy anybody can use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Mrg3013,

The "official" full documentation for the Arc4 - from the author of the software - me - is available on the HDS Systems discontinued products page - Arc4 User's Guide (PDF). This is the most complete and up-to-date documentation for the Arc4 available. This documentation reflects the software shipped with the Arc4 starting February 5, 2004. There were only a small number of flashlights shipped with earlier versions of the software prior to that date.

Craig, you have my permission to post a copy of the product description page and the documentation to your Arc4 web page if you would like.

Henry.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
HDS_Systems said:
Craig, you have my permission to post a copy of the product description page and the documentation to your Arc4 web page if you would like.

Henry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you Henry!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Once I have the stuff on my Arc 4 web page, I'll post a brief heads-up in this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, posted and tested.
I hosted the .PDF on my server, and linked directly to the product description web page; as there are elements on it that point back to the HDS server, so there it will stay.

code09

Enlightened
All of these were great!!! I have just accquired an arc, and i followed these step by step, i can now master the arc 4+. I can truly say, i am in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.