When & How Did You Know About This Site?

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
For me, I actually stumbled here by accident. I had no idea there's life after maglites. I forgot when I got here - probably a few months back. This is like "Flashlight nirvana" but only better. How about you guys, probably you have interesting tale to tell (no bun intended /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

arowana

Newly Enlightened
I found this site from Google too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for one(1) nice flashlight to have around the house. Did a google search to learn more about them. Found this forum. Now I've bought 5 lights in the last 3 months.

nexro

Enlightened
I did a search for some flashlight reviews. Came upon flashlightreviews.com and found a link to CPF. Lurked around before I actually joined. My join date is just below my avatar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

StevieRay

Enlightened
A friend of mine showed me his inova micro light. I was so fascinated by the brightness of the led, I did a google search and stumbled upon this sight.

I am now hundreds of dollars poorer, but I have enjoyed every minute of it!

Santelmo

Enlightened
Some mention couple of years back from Blade or Knife Forums on EDC lights. Something with Surefire I think. Lurked a bit after that.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a year ago a friend showed me the link, I laughed at the thought. I thought you guys were a bunch of freakasses. Now look at me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
In early-August 2000, I was pointed toward CPF by another respected flashlight reviewer, and I registered in mid-August 2000. It's all been downhill (but well-illuminated) ever since. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Sometime in December 2002 I decided that somebody had to make a LED conversion for my Mags that kept blowing bulbs when I dropped them. Google search yielded links related to Opalec converstion, further searches for reviews led me here. I just kept lurking and learning after doing my research because it was so much fun to read this forum. I believe it was a brain teaser posted in the cafe that got me to stop lurking and join in sometime early in 2003.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I discovered here a few days before joining through Quickbeam's site : flashlightreviews.com or via the man himself. (not too sure)

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking to make my Minimag into an LED light, and found CPF through the review websites. .

nolight

Newly Enlightened
same here, looking for info on INOVA, and stumble onto here, (and led museum, fl.review) as well

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I learned about this site through Craig's LED Museum. I haven't forgiven him since!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
I was searching for info on LED's and how to build LED flashlights (I thought LED's were a novelty) for a Scout project for my son, stumbled upon Craig's site (yup, it's all your fault!! :p), jumped to Quickbeam's review site, landed back here again. Registered a couple of days later.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
This past summer I bought a Nikon N70 (35mm autofocus SLR) and it uses CR123's. On one of the photo forums someone suggested buying them from Surefire.com. I start researching batteries, then Surefires. I ask about Surefires on other forums and end up researching Streamlights. Then I find flashlightreviews.com and cpf.com. Now about $400 later, here we are.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
I learned about this site through Craig's LED Museum. I haven't forgiven him since!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! I was running google searches on LEDs, since I had just bought an Inova X5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif