Peak Led AA "throw" on low bat

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
Peak Led AA \"throw\" on low bat

Dear CPF members,

This is my first actual post, so I apologize in advance for any errors, and I wish to thank you all (especially Sasha and staff) for an immensely educational forum.

I would be most grateful if any of you have the experience and would like to offer what you know of the distance of "throw" of a Peak Led AA 5 Led standard (or high power) version when it is near the end of it's battery life, specifically if it is possible to read a sign (one inch lettering) or read a wall clock (one foot diameter) and from what distance (in complete darkness).

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sincerely;

FaithinGod

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: Peak Led AA \"throw\" on low bat

This is a difficult question to answer. I don't actually have a Peak AA (did get to play with a fresh one a bit), but it probably acts like most AA lights as the battery dies. It should be a very gradual drop off of light. When it's not bright enough to see your feet(and not step in a hole) then the battery is shot. I suppose you could still read a wall clock at 5-10 feet. Be careful, though. My cheapness with batteries has led to some incidents of leakage that old or worn out batteries are more prone to.

Geoff

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Peak Led AA \"throw\" on low bat

Welcome to the CPF, FIG, and hope you have a good time immersing yourself in lumen enlightenment.

May I suggest that you buy the Peak and tell US? And as FT cautioned, don't let depleted cells in your lights for too long.