• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Tvodrd CR2 or CR2 II

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted To Buy: Got a few extra greenbacks left over from X-mas and I'm looking for one of Larry's (Tvodrd) CR2 or CR2 II lights..Cash paid!

Thanks,

Brian

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now ... even X-bins can be had for $$, but THIS ... I doubt it.
Good luck to you, you'll need it !
bernhard

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
bmstrong,

I like your outlook on life!

That said, unless an owners child is dying (no disrespect intended, just an example of how jealously Larrys Lights are coveted) and the owner of that one is down to his last dollar, the chance of finding one is a tossup between slim and none, and slim has left town!

I've offered insane amounts, not even a nibble!!

I'm hoping to get on Larry's good side eventually, (I've offered everything but denial of my religion, my wife or my children and only gotten...well NO reponse.)

Good Luck to you, though!

Bill

paulr

Flashaholic
bwaites, it seems to me to actually be in somewhat poor taste to even be asking for someone to sell one of these lights.

You might check out the thread about the CR2 Ion, which is Endeavour's project to make a batch of CR2-II-like lights. I've heard of a few other similar projects being started, though I don't know what progress they're making, if any.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr

I think you're reading too much into it. It's not in bad taste to want something so coveted.

Now that being said. I think they'll be selling sweaters in hell before anybody parts with a CR2 II. I know. Ive been begging him to make me a tungsten one for months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Shane

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Hallis!

At the time I first saw the light, I didn't understand the scarcity, nor the attachment of its owners.

I stopped asking after a few owners said not only, NO, but ----NO or OVER THE DEAD BODY OF EVERYONE I'VE EVER MET, SEEN, OR BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH!

These lights, due to their design, intricacy, and extreme exclusivity, are the just about the "Light of Lights" for the flashlight cognescenti.

paulr, check the list for the CR2 ION, I think I'm like number 2 on the list! But...no matter how good that light is, it won't be a LarryLight!

Bill

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im on that list as well, like 180-something, lol. But it looks like it will be a good light. granted id give $500 cash for a tungsten larry light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think these little lights are going to be somewhat exclusive as well. At least up there with the VIP and Lionhearts. Which i still need to get my hands on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Shane

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
Im on that list as well, like 180-something, lol. But it looks like it will be a good light. granted id give $500 cash for a tungsten larry light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think these little lights are going to be somewhat exclusive as well. At least up there with the VIP and Lionhearts. Which i still need to get my hands on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Don, You see that?^^^^^ Go fer it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I still got that Ti rem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif )

Larry

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha like thats gonna happen Larry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wishful thinking never hurt though eh?

Shane

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:

paulr, check the list for the CR2 ION, I think I'm like number 2 on the list! But...no matter how good that light is, it won't be a LarryLight!

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, no disrespect intended to those involved with the CR2 ion, but I could not agree more! Of the various lights that Larry has made more that a couple of, I strongly suspect that he would say that the CR2 II represents the current pinnacle of his efforts. Be careful what you wish for. I know of a least one CPFer that formerly was an extremely active member of the forum. He became the owner of at least one of each type of the Larrylights made. Very shortly thereafter, he drifted away, never to be heard from again. I believe that he came to believe that there was nothing more to live for as a flashololic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jhung

Newly Enlightened
How did these lights get out initially? Were they offered to friends of Larry only or were there any offered on CPF?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want that darned tungsten CR2 II, lol, Larry, let me throw some Benjamins your way to make me one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
The quest for the Holy Grail ends in Costa Mesa, California.

Praise Larry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, Larry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif I just couldn`t resist.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think bmstrong and others on this thread are actually on the list for the light I'm working on.

Good luck finding one.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Yo Larry,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

With the 2 AAA Larry Lights (one always with, one pristine), the tungsten CR2, the L14500 and the Larry/Arc CR2 job, I could be a wealthy fellow if I stooped to selling away gifts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (NFW!)

What's Ti? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
I just want that darned tungsten CR2 II, lol, Larry, let me throw some Benjamins your way to make me one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never understood why one would want to take a wonderful tiny light design and then proceed to make the light out of an unnecessarily heavy material. It just makes no sense to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...
OK...
OK... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

The quest for the Holy Grail now ends on Peralta Avenue in Berkeley, California.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif