Peak LED has redone their web site.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check it out HERE.

It is very nicely laid out. No new products are shown but the front web page does reflect that the company has a Fortune magazine best product of the year.

DESIGN 2004
Best Products of the Year: Home and Health

Mckinley 7 Led Flashlight
The little McKinley (shown actual size) packs a big beam, the product of seven light-emitting diodes. And because LEDs can last for decades, you may never have to change the bulbs. "A good use of LED technology," says Sinclair.
Designer: Peak LED Solutions. Price: $55

Robban

Enlightened
'Bout time they did something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It still needs quite a bit of work but it's a good start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened to the 2 headed model? I have one with different colored heads. Just too cool.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights

paulr

Flashaholic
Looks to me like lots of variations are gone, like the 1 and 3 led versions of the 1AA light. I guess those weren't so popular anyway, and the custom design center could probably make one up for you if you really wanted it.

I also notice in the Annameria Dallasandra collection, there's a 1-led, 1aaa light with a lug body listed, with a "snow" led! Is that the Arc AAA successor we've all been waiting for!? But there's no photo.

Finally I wonder if anyone's done photometric tests on the snow leds--are they as bright as the white ones when run at the same current? I have a rather concrete suspicion that they're quite a bit less efficient. But I don't know if that would stop me from buying one.

ugrey

Enlightened
I have just locked up my computer again trying to see the Peak site. It downloads one or more files via Download Demon. This is a royal pain in the rear! I have never seen another commercial site that does this. I am interested in their products, but it is not worth the time or effort to download the files and then hunt them down in order to view them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Let me put this another way. I live in Memphis and the city just expanded the trolley line onto Madison Avenue. For over one year this street was torn up. A few stores, on the street, went out of business and all of them lost money because it was such a pain just to get to them. Peak, getting onto your website is a real problem. I hope it will be changed and that you will stay in business.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had no problem getting through Peak's web site to order two of their products. But I use the Mozilla Firefox browser so that might make a difference.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
What happened to the 2 headed model? I have one with different colored heads. Just too cool.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if i remember, before they redone their websites, they discontinued some of their products including the double headed model. why? i dont know. if you are still interested in getting one maybe one of the dealers might have some left.

mapson

Enlightened
Pretty good, definitely a step in the right direction. Still plenty of room for improvement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif