Newbie with comment and question....

skillet

Enlightened
I AM SPEECHLESS!!!
3 years ago I bought a King Pelican Lite 8D (dual filament, water tight, interchangeable lenses, and so on) My wife almost died...($90 at the time). I have always had , what I thought, was an obession with flashlights. My friends say I do, my wife and kids believe it. Every drawer, all the vehicle... a light in every one... As it should be.

Today I fell, stumbled, was gloriously directed to this site.

I have been reading for 5hrs straight... This is great. Oh my.. I don't have the sickness... but I'm feeling awfully ill.

To the chase I guess, What do I do with these useless Maglites... Last week I put Xenon bulbs in them and thought... "Nothing can top this".. The view from way down here is great.. I see the flash of things I need...

Gordon... in darkness in KY....But not for long...

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHOO another Member to welcome. Once again, Welcome to CPF!

I hope Bart welcomes him too so that I can copy his welcome icon...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the frying pan to the fire to the skillet...oh my! Hey, hot stuff, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome to where you should have been for, apparently, a long time.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
my advice...throw your computer out of the window and run like hell!

your wallet will thank you!

kidding...

welcome! CPF is a great group.

first go here:
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/

then here:
www.flashlightreviews.com

are you feeling it yet? look at all the incredible mods for your mags!!! tons of LED mods.

what? need MORE POWER???

look up Ginseng's posts! he does some sick things with welch allyn bulbs. true evil.

Bob

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Skillet,

I guess you took the words right out of my mouth. I was also in the flashlight minor leagues until the middle of this past December. Turns out I was in LL Beans in Portland Maine and they had a liquidation special for a Streamlight Twin-Task flashlight. It has 3 settings-3 leds, 6 leds, and xenon bulb. It came packaged with a rechargeable battery stick and recharger all for $23. I thought I was now in the flashlight big leagues.

After a bit of web searching I stumbled onto CPF. To make a long story short I now own an Arc AAA (ebay) and have a CPF Lionheart on order. Pedalinbob is right. Hold onto your wallet and try to control this addiction before it takes over.

Good to meet all you guys. ;-norm

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the asylum! first thing's first:
A)take out wallet
B)get a caliper and measure thinkness of wallet
C)write down the measurement
D)revel in that mesurement becuase it will NEVER be that thick again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

All kidding aside, there is so many great people here: hogshead, chop, mcgizmo, 357, size15, kevinL paulR, batt station on and on. you should check out the Acronyms page at the top to familarise yourself with many term's and "ism's" you will see here in text, and I have never asked a question and not got a good answer, so don't feel like any question is too stupid/silly or such like.

We all like to help the newly addicted in there decline,,, uh, I mean path down the "en"lighted way. have fun! VDG

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Skillet,

Welcome. I hope you stay a while. When I first came to CPF last year, it seemed like home. The people talked a little funny, using words that I had no way to understand. But I asked, and I read, and I learned. It feels good to be home.

Paul

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can you do with Maglites?? Well, you could make them into a table, using the Maglites as legs. .

Really, though, if you've got a bunch of them like I do, just start experimenting with them. Try different LEDs, bulbs, anything you can come up with. .