NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Experience with foreverflash?

Default Experience with foreverflash?

who has used this before? How good is it?

foreverflash

Flashaholic

Default Re: Experience with foreverflash?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LittleNinjai:
    [QB]who has used this before? How good is it?

Hi LN!

I've got one of those suckas sitting in drawer at work. My sister, knowing that I'm ...ah... slightly daff over lights, got me one for my birthday last June.

First off, it's big... not the kind of FL that one can easily carry. It must be close in size to a 4c Mag. Then comes a whole lotta shakin' to get the thing charged up.

And now the moment... hit the switch:

...uh... seen from a mile? Yeah, maybe by Superman. And as for the light output I bet a dead glow stick would seem blinding by comparison. So much mass but so few photons. Not enough light to zip up your pants.

It was so nice of my sister to buy it for me but there it sits, unloved in a drawer at work while I happily fondle my little... let me rephrase that... while I EDC either a Arc LS, E2e, or E2-KL1.

That help? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Byron

PS: Does your handle indicate a MA background? I did 18 years of Northern Shaolin Long Fist. Got into mucho fights for a few years and racked up big bunches of bruises and busted bones and bashed balls.

Thanx a lot for your infos EMPOWERTORCH & Byron, they really help! Think I'll leave it.

------------------------------------------------
    "Does your handle indicate a MA background? I did 18 years of Northern Shaolin Long Fist. Got into mucho fights for a few years and racked up big bunches of bruises and busted bones and bashed balls. "

I'm no MA master Byron,18 years of Northern Shaolin Long Fist, that's not bad!I've heard of
    Shaolin Fist but not Long Fist,that means dragon,
    isn't it? I'm told if one wants to be a Gungfu master, he'd really try some fists of Wudang school like Taiji or Bagua which is more introvert or intrinsic while Shaolin School is more extravert or extrinsic.(Shaolin developped by Buddhist monks & Wudang developped by Taoist monks)

Flashaholic*

This is a Human Powered Torch, and is a superb idea! I have seen quite a few torches of this style being advertised under various brand names. It's price is good for this type of HPT, I've commonly seen shaker torches being sold for as much as £50 (aboiut $70). Whichever HPT you buy, you will save as soon as you use it!
    This one is keenly priced. If you use your torch all the time for brief sorties, such as walking the dog, putting out rubbish, or the short journeys to the house on a dark night, then this is the ideal product. It becomes less prctical when you want to leave it switched on for extended periods of time, so its best used on a camp in conjunction with a lantern such as the Bonfire!
    This type of torch would also be very useful in devloping countries where batteries are expensive or very hard to come by!
    A HPT is going to be lot safer than a firebrand or a candle!

Flashaholic

Originally posted by LittleNinjai:
    I'm no MA master Byron,18 years of Northern Shaolin Long Fist, that's not bad!I've heard of
    Shaolin Fist but not Long Fist,that means dragon,
    isn't it? I'm told if one wants to be a Gungfu master, he'd really try some fists of Wudang school like Taiji or Bagua which is more introvert or intrinsic while Shaolin School is more extravert or extrinsic.(Shaolin developped by Buddhist monks & Wudang developped by Taoist monks)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The school I belonged to focused on the hard styles. I really did want to find someone that was into the "soft styles" but never had any luck. Used to work those real low stances until I could barely walk. Helped mucho with my biking.

BTW, looks like you will just have to break down and either buy an Inova or Arc or SF KL1... assuming you haven't already!

Byron

My next must have is KL3 for my M2. So far that 's the only led to my liking.

Flashaholic

Originally posted by LittleNinjai:
    My next must have is KL3 for my M2. So far that 's the only led to my liking.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, that's the deal. I really like the KL1 (violet tint and all) and the KL3 should be excellent too (and brighter to boot)!

Byron