cant beat this sadness today

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am a wussy man so weak.man.i lost to much this year lost some before i ever knew em.i am so upset

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, you're HARDLY a wuss. You stood by your mom during her final days, and that was a really difficult thing to go through. But you made it.

Sometimes life hands us stuff that we don't thhink we can handle, but then we often surprise ourselves and wind up coming through it a little stronger, like fine tempered steel.

Kirk

Enlightened
Raggie,
Hang in there! You have been through so much in your short life, you've proven to us that you are one strong individual. You are not a wuss in my book! You will make it through this phase of your life just fine!
Kirk

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
you WILL beat this!
not by "beating" it, but by "rolling" with it.
an oak appears strong and rigid...but is easily toppled by a strong wind.
a willow is soft and flexible...and withstands the storm.
you are feeling like a willow...which is good!

you have been through one of the toughest things in your life--and will someday grow stronger from it.

it doesnt seem that way right now...but you will!
it is like lifting weights--it hurts unbearably for some time, but then you begin to heal...and strength is gained.
i cannot define this strength for you, but you will know when it is there.

this wont help you to feel better, but what you are feeling is a normal part of the grieving process.

it took many months for me to heal.
i still feel an occasional bit of hurt...and mom died in 1994.

the only thing that will make you feel better is "time".
but, remember to take care of yourself (and your family). eat well, hydrate, breathe deeply, exercise, hobbies.
purge your pain, fears and anxiety, weep... get some rest, talk with friends, family, CPF.

grief counseling can be wonderful, and i think that it is often free through hospice.

take care,
Bob

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I lost my mom about 3 years ago and it takes time to get over it. I found myself in tears often the first year after and then less often, more at certain occasions. Now I get a little solemn when I think about mom but I realize she wouldn't want me to be sad about her. The one thing I remind myself is the reason I hurt for the loss is because of the worthwhileness of it. Many people do not have a mom or a good relationship with their mom so the loss hurts a lot less.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

If I had to describe you, from what I have seen that you have said in CPF, I would not call you a "wussy man." I would call you an honest man, a brave man.

The sadness will eventually pass. Being honest about how sad you now feel will bring peace later.

Paul

greenLED

Flashaholic
raggie, it's OK to be beat up, you've handled some tough blows lately. You're not a wuss, you're human, and a great one, from what I've seen you do around here. You have every right to feel sad right now. Just keep in mind that we'll be around to cheer you up, and you'll feel better. It's a healing process. I can share with you that I was so sad at one point in my life I could not even get out of bed, for the longest time. Those were some dark and cold times, but I'm stronger now. Tomorrow will be a brighter and happier day for you.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Raggie,
I'm very sorry to hear about your mom.
As you can see I'm new here so we don't know each other. But if I can say anything, it would be.... wow, look at people's responses to you. Everyone loves you here!
So many good replies from people that there's hardly anything left to say, except to take your alone time as needed in these kinds of tough situations, but do come back to where you have friends when you're ready (I'm also half talking about your other thread about leaving the forum). Alone time is part of the healing process, so your feelings in that way are totally normal. The same as what I get sometimes.
My family's seen a lot of loss over the last 2 years, with more possibly coming in the next couple. Biggies too. It's really hard, but a few good friends definitely help in the long run. Short run too. So hang in there, Raggie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wintermute

Enlightened
I lost my mom 3 years ago...without any warning whatsoever. She died because a doctor screwed up her medication, but we couldn't prove it. She got out of the shower, called my sister, and died on the phone. Now my sister, my brother, and I all have children...her grandchildren, which she never got to see. I still cry sometimes when I think of her holding my daughter.

MicroE

Enlightened
Raggie---When my son died I thought that I would never fully recover.
I didn't.
There will always be an empty space in my heart for him.
But life goes on.
I go on.
You will also go on.---Marc

Zackerty

Enlightened
I lost a friend to a landmine, about 10 feet from me.
I think about him daily, so I know your loss, Marc.
I think the loss of someone close, teaches us to love the ones that remain, even more.

Stuart