If you own a U2, please vote in this Poll.

Please rate the tint on your FF 2. Is it...

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Pronounced dark area.

• Slight dark area.

• No donut at all, Yipee!

• White.

• Greenish.

• Blue/Purplish.

• Completely satisfied.

• Mostly satisfied.

• Somewhat dissatisfied.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it would be interesting to poll SureFire U2 owners with a couple of questions regarding issues that I've seen in the forum. Please vote and add anything else you think is relevant to the discussion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Tiny speck. Would be wonderful if I could dislodge it from the inside of the lens but really, I'm nitpicking. I've shaken it, it seems to remain.

2. Very very faint and only noticeable if I go looking for on. Just like the "Trinitron Wires" that drive some folks absolutely *NUTS* but have been sitting on my desk for 8+ years and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. Whitest darn light I ever owned.

4. Yes because 3 makes up for 1 and 2.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
This poll should include the defective tailcaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this occured to me after the poll was posted, but I can't seem to add/edit the poll now. If you had a flaky tailcap on your U2, please say so. I did, and had to bend the "ears" up on it to make it work.

My U2 has excellent tint, a pretty pronounced "donut", a flaky tailcap, and quite a bit of dust on the inside of the lens.

Peter

JanCPF

Enlightened
LitFuse,

This poll is a great idea.

However I don't own a U2 and I'm very interested in the results of the poll, but can't view them before I vote. And I can't vote because..... Well - Catch 22 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why not just ask a modder to delete this thread and then make a new poll, before this gets to many votes.

Jan

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. Would one of the mods lock/delete this and I'll start over with an new and improved poll. Thank you.

Peter

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Nothing inside the head that doesn't belong there.

2) The donut is there, but very very faint. Only noticable in medium brightness setting on walls ~10ft away.

3) slight greenish tint, noticable only on low settings. On the highest three levels just pure white appearance. (it's still slightly green when compared to other lights, like my T3, but it's really not noticable with the U2 alone.)

4) Very satisfied, except for the darn tailcap switch, which sometimes is stuck in the on position. SF is contacted, they send a new tailcap (hasn't arrived yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.