Good price on Nuwai Q1's:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Good price on Nuwai Q1\'s:

Yeah I saw that... if one has a decent tint, that makes for a very nice light for the price.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
teststrips said:
if i'd mod this with one of those TWOJ stars, would I have the same thing as a Q3?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Q1 apparently (info gleaned from previous posts) drives its Luxeon Star at about 400 ma, compared to the Q3 which drives its Luxeon III Star to 700 ma. My understanding is that the Luxeon III is like the Luxeon Star, but will handle higher current (to make it brighter) and will usually have a better tint.

What happens when you put your TWOJ LuxIII into your Q1, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe not much different at all, except for possibly an improved tint.

Is the Vf of the Luxeon typically in the same range as the Luxeon III? Is the Luxeon III usually more efficient, or is this just a function of Vf? I'm in need of some education here myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

teststrips

Enlightened

so it wouldn't give enough power? That has to be a function of the logic board... i think i saw someone say they swapped out the stock board with a dorcy AAA (6 bucks) board, and really liked the outcome... if only i could find the post... could this be as easy as a luxeon swap, and changing a logic board, or am i missing something? This would make the price 24+18+6=48 bucks for a super Q3

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think the Dorcy AAA board swap is as easy as swapping the star - a new battery contact board has to be fabricated. It was Milkyspit who espoused this procedure for slightly less output but increased runtime. So the Dorcy board might give you a little more output than the stock Q1 board, but less than the Zetex in the Q3.

Krit

Enlightened

I think $24 is a nice price for mod Quantum.
I mod QIII with replace new T bin and have to remove out the never use old Lux S bin. but I'm not sure the Q1 stock circuit that could get current to new luxIII without some mod to circuit.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

A QWOH from Lambda might be the better/cheaper move for that.
Especially with the Lambda boost circuit.

Niteowl

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
teststrips said:... i think i saw someone say they swapped out the stock board with a dorcy AAA (6 bucks) board, and really liked the outcome... if only i could find the post...

[/ QUOTE ]

teststrips, here's the THREAD .

Mark

teststrips

Enlightened

aww bum... I guess I'll just have to get one and play with it. Heck, it is probably way better than a minimag anyway.