Stupid is as stupid does...

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got this in an e-mail today:

Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets.
"We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.
"You don't?" I replied.
"We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.
"So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"
"That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets
I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider," looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?"
"Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister." I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "Cruise Control" and then went in the back to make a tuna sandwich.

My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

Police in Radnor, Pa., interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants, the dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, "I just gave him some ant killer"....
Dispatcher: Rush him in to Emergency!

Life is Tough. It's Tougher if you're Stupid.

B@rt

Flashaholic
LOL.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
Well from the field...

Somebody called 911 for:
- blister
- cold sore
- ingrown nail
- I'm lonely and need a hug
- paper cut

There should be a law that punishes those people.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
There was an emergency 51 episode about this. When the crew got to the scene, there was a guy complaining about his mattress making his back hurt.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polak,

I can go you one better;

2AM TUESDAY night phone call, "Bill, this is your anwering service, we have a phone call from one of another doctors patients, (who I was covering call for) who says it is an emergency."

Me, "OK, patch them thru."

Pt. "I need to know what a tapeworm looks like."

Me, "Do you think you have a tapeworm, or have you passed something you think is a tapeworm?"

Pt. "No, but we were talking about them and we need to know what they look like."

Me, (wide awake and more than a little pissed at this point) "Who is we, and why is this an emergency?"

Pt. "My teenagers and me, and we really need to know."

Me, "Let me get this straight, you have your teenagers up at 2AM on a school night talking about tapeworms? Is this a school project?"

Pt. "No, we're just up talking".

Me. "Go to bed!, Good night!"

The patient actually complained to their doctor at 8AM the next morning that I was unhelpful! He then asked them for their version of the story, (he hadn't talked to me yet.) When he heard the circumstances from the patient, 2AM call, etc. he discharged them from his care, and asked them to find another doctor!

He then called me and apologized for his patients idiocy!

Bill

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
True story: I was a the checkout in one of those book club stores (back in good ol' Germany). They always have special offer there. At the time, it was a three pack of 35mm films. Do I want some? Me: "No, thanks, I have a digital camera." [beat] Girl: "You know, we can develop those films also!"

The funny thing about the lie detector story is that the "real" so-called "lie detectors" (polygraphs) are essentially no different from the made-up thing. It's just more complicated for more intelligent persons....

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Anthrax has a song called "Born Again Idiot" on one of their recent albums.
Makes me kind of wonder if they didn't run across a few people like this in their travels.

14C

Enlightened
I saw someone look straight into the barrel of a .357 to see if it was loaded...I swear.

I saw another guy chug a couple of beers, lie on his back under high voltage lines in the desert and proceed to empty a 9 mm at the insultators. Same guy used a file on a Ruger .22 rifle sear to make it full auto.

Once had someone chug everclear and orange juice...they passed out in 10 minutes from standing to flat on their back. Tried to stop them but caught one in the face for it. Had to watch them to make sure they did not vomit and aspirate.

One of my brothers was going to check the lawnmower for gas because it would not start, He had the cap off the gas tank and because he could not see into it he had his lighter out when I stopped him. He was the same one we tricked into pissing on the sparkplug one time....

Then there was a kid I knew in High School who laughed at the old stories about electric fences and actually DID **** on one while a bunch of us we all drunk. I have never heard a human howl like that since....I won 10 bucks on the bet that he would'nt too...:)