dust under my e1e lens, how do i clean it?

Newly Enlightened
I know the tail and body unscrew, but does the lens bezel unscrew, it looks like it does. How do i clean the underside of the lens? when i shine light on a white wall it looks like the lens has some dirt on it. thanks for the help.

XtremePyro

Newly Enlightened
Yes the bezel cap does unscrew, however there is a little threadlocker on it. I have a pretty strong grip and was able to hold on to the head and screw tha cap of, but if that dosnt work for you then try holding the head with a rag in your hand while heating it with a hair dryer then grap both parts with the rag( cause its hot) and unscrew it. BTW, the bezel cap from the E series will work on a mini mag and visa versa.

Tim M.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO NOT wipe the lens with alcohol, or q tip or anything else. You could use a micro fiber cloth, but that about it. The anti reflective coating on the inside of the lens is very delicate. If you scratch it, you're gonna hate yourself.

Besides, if any alcohol drips onto the reflector, it's going to leave a spot on the reflector that's going to drive you crazy.

Also DO NOT wipe the reflector with anything. If you do, you will leave marks on it, no matter what you use.

As stated above, the bezel ring does unscrew. From the many that I've opened, some just unscrewed very easily. Others came apart after putting the head in a vice and putting a strap wrench to the ring. Still others needed to be heated with a heat gun on in an oven at 170 to soften the epoxy. You just don't want it to get too hot because the reflector surface will bubble if you do.

Personally, I'd just shoot some air into the head and see what breaks loose, then forget about anything that didn't.

joshwang

Newly Enlightened
Um....If you unscrew the unscrew the bezel ring, it loses warranty, i don't think that i would go near that line. Second, do not use compressed air on the inside!! It will cause problems, including fogging.