Playing with MONSTERS + beamshots

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I am getting ready to go outside and fire these up! In one hand is my X990 and the other is my Fivemega Fat Mag85. These are my two brightest lights (for now). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

my.two.monsters.jpg

Just thought I'd share my happiness!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Playing with MONSTERS!

Hahaha! Nice to know there is a fellow weight lifter / flashaholic on CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't have any mega lights, but I do have some insanely bright Cyan, Green, & Red-orange mega-throwers. I haven't tried using them shirtless yet though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

What is the fivemega light? I vaugly remember something about that. Is it just a larger head replacement for mags? I'll have to search for that one or if you got a link to a thread....
-IH

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can order the head for the Fivemega light here and the body options here.

I just received my X990 today and it was a blast illuminating my whole street and the houses at the end (about 300 yards away). The FM Fat Mag85 can also light the homes up down the street but not quite like the X990.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those are some very nice lights you have there any chance of getting some beam shots of the fivemega Mag85 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif nobody has put any of these up yet and I'm very curious.

Later
Kelly

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bet your neighbors love you now! hehe. Thanks for the links. I take it yours is WA 1185 bulb? How many lumens is that? The fivemega light is pretty awesome looking. What's the runtime on it?

EDIT: Yeah, I just searched and no beamshots. I wonder what it does with a 5W luxeon? Or better yet, 3W? I be it would be a really really small spot then.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its a little foggy tonight or I would have made some beamshots. If the weather lightens up tomorrow night I will post some shots of the Fivemega Fat Mag85 and X990. The FM Fat Mag85 has a runtime of about 1hr 15min and is rated at 1233 lumens. The X990 has a runtime of around 1hr 10 minutes and is rated at 3200 lumens.

beam_me_up

Enlightened

Now I know the secret of getting in shape...buy bigger lights! I bet after a few months of lifting those babies I'd be just like popeye

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice lights! I really like that FM. Might have to get me one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have the beamshots posted up of Fivemega's Fat Mag 85, X990, and Thor 10MCP. I will not be in these pictures and neither will my 4 nipples. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Playing with MONSTERS! *beamshots*

I suck at taking pictures at night holding the camera but here is my feeble attempt at it. The FM Fat Mag85 was in spot mode but the distance was far enought so you couldn't see the hot spot. Oh well, here is the neighbor I always **** off...

beamshots.jpg

I'll try later for some better pictures. The Fat Mag85 spot can be better enjoyed at a closer range I think. I measured the distance with my GPS.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Playing with MONSTERS! *beamshots*

And i'll say it again, for $25 ya cant beat the Thor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Granted the X990 is very worth the price,, look how pretty white/blue that beam is!!!

Shane

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Catdaddy said:
wow! four nipples! ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Shane

Catdaddy

Enlightened

Beam shots look good. I am interrested in that Mag85. What's you opinion on it, particularly in the medium to long distances?
John

And...thanks for being a good sport! You are a fun guy.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Catdaddy said:
Beam shots look good. I am interrested in that Mag85. What's you opinion on it, particularly in the medium to long distances?
John

And...thanks for being a good sport! You are a fun guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we really can't compare it to the X990 or Thor because they are more like spotlights. The FM Fat Mag85 with the 3" head out throws any 'flashlight' I can think of (thats readily available or easy to make).

For example, I was driving down a dark highway in the middle of the desert. There was no moonlight or streetlights or other cars around. It was DARK. There was a house about 400+ yards off the road, maybe a little further. It had all it's lights off and when I did a 'drive-by' with the Mag85, I could see the whole house and vehicles in the driveway.

In my opinion, it is a great light for medium to long distance illumination. You can use it for close if you twist the reflector to flood but even then, ITS BRIGHT!

I think I was a dog in a previous life. That may explain the extra set of teats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Catdaddy

Enlightened

Maybe you could send it to me to do a shootout of lights that size. I have just about everything in its range, M6, M4, 9ANT, Streamlight SuperStinger, miniHIDs, etc.
Let me know what you think,
John

Raybo

Enlightened

I know for a fact that those are not teats.

He was shot twice than got up and eliminated the wrong doers.

Nice work pitbull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif