I've got an bare aluminum VIP
an HAIII Aleph II
two HA LionHearts,
these are my newest lights and I've been feeling
a bit down because I can't get excited about other
lights now, it seems. Anyone else in the same boat, got
the best, who needs the rest? I must not be alone, I can
remember when a Pelican M6 was pretty exciting, now,
nothing seems to get me going like the good old days.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
ps.
please nobody volunteer to take the lights off of me to help me out.

theepdinker

Enlightened
Re: I\'m kind of depressed

keithhr,
Go to a get together. You can share.....and gloat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Theepdinker

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

OK, that's a sure sign of an addiction. More and more of the addictive substance becomes less and less satisfying........

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a few choice flashlights that I use a lot, won't get into the details but a couple Lux III's and a Lux 5. They are bright enough and I can truthfully say I have no desire for another. The Lionheart did not get me excited, nor the Surefire U2 or anything else that's been released in the past six months. The only thing that got me excited at all was the Peak AAA/luxeon mod being discussed in the modified section. Even then it's such a hassle to get on a waiting list while the specs generally continue to change while the light is being engineered and then wait until the light is finally shipped (not that I've ever had any problems going that way). Really until a better Arc AAA replacement production light comes out, I don't see myself buying another light. This is really weird having this ho hum attitude because a few years ago, I was buying LED lights (that I could afford) just for the neato factor and I was always excited about the anticipation of receiving them. I wish the same would happen with SLR camera lenses because there are so many I want that I can't afford and at least I can afford to buy a $100 LED light once or twice a year.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

perhaps you could try building something yourself.

seriously, it seems to re-awaken the wonder and pride in a light.
my modding skills suck, so it really makes my day when i create a light that actually works!

Bob

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

I second pedalinbob.
Even though I purchase all these beautiful lights the ones that I use everyday is my Mini FatMag & FlexMag that I assemble. They are also what I cherish most.
Kind of like a proud father /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Keith,

Take it easy and crank the stereo.

Enjoy what you have and bask in the anticipation that Charlie (Mr. Bulk) has made mention of the "LionCub"...

Tom

Topper

Flashaholic*

I guess I look at things diffrent than some. I got a LionHeart as my "last I will ever need" LED Well I loved it was very happy to wait on the HAIII works great, then I saw that TW had a CPF Black one for sale. Whats A guy got to do? I had to have one, then it dawned on me I blew it on the Fast Track BA that went first I was kicking myself bigtime. I had to have all three as in HAVE TO HAVE... I lucked out and got a fast track BA LionHeart so I got the whole set (not for sale) last LED I will ever need. So I feel relief (WOW thats done) no remorse at all. I would do it over in a heartbeat but for now its back to incans.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Every hobby has to peak at some point, doesn't it? While you're on this lighting "plateau" step away a bit and do something else. Even upgrading my audio system needs a break. There's only one thing I can think of that never gets old, even as I do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif