Regulated microlights?

Ged

Newly Enlightened
I EDC two photons, just to have light in "emergencies". However, I'm not particularly fond of the fact that the intensity of the light decreases quite rapidly. I have failed to find any kind of "microlight" that would be regulated, or at least have a booster circuit that would keep the output almost constant.

Are there any microlights available that would provide consistent output, or failing that, what would you replace the photons with?

AlecGold

Enlightened
A surefire U2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif:D:D

No, I have no idea, especial if you want to keep them a small as a microlight. I don't think there is a regulated microlight.

but I could be proven wrong...

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to carry Photons (II and III). I then got a Arc AAA modded with a Luxeon III by LED_ASAP. (I think he will do a Peak too). It pulls 750mA from the battery (Which is what I asked for, you can ask for less bright to last longer on a battery).

It is amazingly bright. Blows the Photons away. It uses a rechargable battery, so guilt free lighting. (You can use alkalines too). As for regulated, well it isn't regulated. But, rechargable batteries tend to produce pretty constant output until just before dead. So for one hour and two minutes I couldn't see a change in brightness in this light. And if you get normal brightness it should last twice as long, or get Photon bright and last for hours and hours (I am guessing).

Also looking at the run time charts, Andrews light should be pretty steady, and very bright, and includes a rechargable battery and charger. And he has more of his production run to sell so it is not too late to get in on it.

1.5 Watt I know teh thread says 1 watt Luxeon III, but i think he will have it running at 1.5 watt if you want max bright set, or you can set a lower brightness for it. It looks great so far, and he is very very close to shipping.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LED_ASAP modded ARC is set at 400 mA from the battery and has the acrylic ball for better throw/less side spill. I'd rather have more spill but I absolute LOVE the light. Surprisingly bright, excellent runtime on guilt-free rechargeable batteries, HAIII finish, waterproof... Other than a lower price, I don't know what more can be expected out of a keychain light.

Ged

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PocketBeam said:
Also looking at the run time charts, Andrews light should be pretty steady, and very bright, and includes a rechargable battery and charger. And he has more of his production run to sell so it is not too late to get in on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
That light really looks impressive, but there's that slight issue with 110V vs. 220V. I suppose I could ask Andrew how easily the mod could be modded for 220 use...

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
He will make a 220 version. Just ask. You are not the only one that needs 220, other people already have signed up for it at 220. Also some people are getting the USB powered charger version.

Oh, and the light has evolved a lot since it began. Read all of Andrews post to see the growth of the light, and I expect you will be even more impressed. Also he plans on offering a upgrade to the light to make it adjustble in brightness (without having to open it up and modify the circuit).