arc aaa the best?

dangee

Newly Enlightened
i have read many post on single battery led flashlights, but have not come to the conclusion on if the arc aaa is one of the best. any thoughts on this?
icon3.gif

Zephyr

Enlightened
YES!! ARC indeed IS one of the best! They're very bright for its size, they have excellent run time, and last but not the least, ARC has an amazing customer service that will be there for you just in case you'll have problems with it. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the ARC AAA if you do decide to purchase one. I was a bit skeptical at first, but once I got one, I don't think I'll ever switch to something else for my Every Day Carry light.

ZEPH

Darell

Flashaholic
I was actually afraid that this was a joke post.
smile.gif

Heck yeah the Arc AAA is the best (in my book). For size, brightness, runtime and the use of cheap batteries, it simply can't be beat. The only thing that comes close is the CMG Ultra. Pretty much the same brightness and longer runtime on an AA. But of course it is bigger and heavier, and not machined or finished as nicely as the Arc.

I have about 20 Arc AAA's scattered around my home and vehicles. I won't leave home with out one... or five.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, hate it when that happens to your blub.

To get on topic, I'll chime in with the others and say yes - the Arc AAA is, in my opinion, just about the best small light you can carry on a keyring. I've been carrying one on my keyring for almost a year now, and its been great. Good, bright light, and very robust. Waterproofness is great too - last Summer I gave a couple of Arc AAAs to my nieces to play with in the pool at night, and they had a great time, throwing the lights around the pool and so on. Never a problem.

Well worth the money, in my opinion.

Graham

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Er, back on topic: just had to answer this before I go to school. The Arc AAA is -->the<-- best single LED flashlight out there. Reasons are stated above. Just get it and understand.

You never should have asked a bunch of people who are already biased toward something for an opinion that goes against the the Arc AAA.

My only complaint? It's not heavy enough.
smile.gif

WARNING: If you get an Arc AAA, you instantly sign a mental contract to be a Arc Flashlight salesman.
grin.gif

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by dangee:
...arc aaa is one of the best?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes!

Although if you want to explore something different than merely "one of the best", you'd have to tell us more about what your usage would be.

For example:

Lightweight, durable backup that you won't even notice carrying...best light?
Bright, long lasting with Lithium AA option for cold weather emergencies...best light?
Using it all of the time (you'd want cheap, easy to change batteries)...best light?

Although, almost no matter what the criteria, the ARC AAA is at very minimum going to come in second (if not first)... so you can't really go wrong with an ARC AAA.

Saaby

Flashaholic
If you can find a better flashlight, buy it!

**EDIT**
Right here Sean...

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, were's Sabby?
confused.gif
grin.gif

I agree that you can do no wrong by getting a Arc AAA. One of the many nice things about it is that it uses cheap AAA batteries, and only one at a time at that! The quality of construction is grade A, & it's very durable.

Termac

Newly Enlightened
The original question specified a single battery flashlight. The brightest is an Arc-LS or a Surefire KL1 using a 123. The dimmest is a Photon3 set on low and running on a single 2032 lithium battery. It is impossible to say what is best without specifying a purpose. For searching or working on machinery, bright is good. If you want maximum battery life and you don't care to advertise you location, dim is better. On a recent 7 night wilderness trip I preferred dim. I packed 2 Arc-AAAs, one white and one Turquoise, and a Turquoise Photon II with a 2032 on an elastic strap for a mini head light. The Photon saw heavy use. The Turq Arc saw heavy use as a tent light. The White arc was not called on much at all, but if I had been forced to ditch all but one, I'd have chosen to keep the Arc-AAA white.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by logicnerd411:
...WARNING: If you get an Arc AAA, you instantly sign a mental contract to be a Arc Flashlight salesman.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know what you mean. I've shown them to salesmen at backpacking/camping stores in an effort to try to promote Arc. How can you resist when it's right there on your keychain?
shocked.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
Not one of the best...THE best. Very high quality, extremely bright, durable, beautiful, and all this from a company (man) that stands behind the product. Everyone with a keyring should have a AAA hanging off it.
The only negative thing is they don't make Lithium AAA's yet. For us flashaholics it's not an issue but for the average Joe/Josephine it might be years inbetween power-ups and alkalines corrode, or so I've been told, I never have mine around long enough to find out.

Arc AAA...buy one...at least...I have about 10.

MrMom

Enlightened
I agree. The ARC-AAA is my most used light out of the several dozen other lights at hand. Wether at work or in the woods, its fits the bill as an all around GP light. There are other lights more task specific but am I the only one to have several different types at hand? As HoloGraham posted they do make great pool toys. My daughter loves them in the pool.

THE ARC-AAA CAN BE IMPROVED!!!!!

THE DEFECT HAS CAUSED PROBLEMS WITH SOME OF MY OTHER LIGHTS.

It seems that all of my Infinities have been left naked. They are now lanyard less. Arc has stolen them away.

InTheDark

Enlightened
The ARC AAA is the probably the best single battery LED flashlight USING a AAA battery, but as far as I know, it's the only one also. I think for brightness, the ARC-LS is brighter using one 123 battery or AA. For extremely long runtimes the infinity last 10 times longer on a single AA. For a really small light, I think the Photon is probably the smallest single battery LED flashlight right now (I'm not sure if the taglight is single battery). So like Termac said, there's not one single best one out there. If you need long lasting, dim light, then it's not the best. If you need a really small light in short bursts with a momentary on switch, then it's not the best. But for general all around use using a AAA battery, I think it probably is the best

Latest posts