few great movies I've seen lately

matt_j

Enlightened
few great movies I\'ve seen lately

which you may not agree with me but hey...

"brotheood of the wolf" amazing action/martial arts/horror flick located in France around 1800s

"city of god" slums of rio in 1960s, gangs, love, drugs great movie

"life aquatic" in theaters now... not for everyone it's so bad it is good

Ju-on: The Grudge (japanese) - great horror get the japanese version before hollywood screws this one up like they did with "the ring"...

Matt

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: few great movies I\'ve seen lately

I go to a theater to see a movie MAYBE once a year.

Last GREAT movie I saw was "The Incredibles"

Saw "Grosse Pointe Blank" on DSS the other night. I really like that movie!

JOshooter

Enlightened

The Incredibles is a GREAT movie, my dad doesn't like animated films, and still hasn't seen it but it's a great family flick!

Santelmo

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
polak187 said:
which you may not agree with me but hey...

"brotheood of the wolf" amazing action/martial arts/horror flick located in France around 1800s

"city of god" slums of rio in 1960s, gangs, love, drugs great movie

"life aquatic" in theaters now... not for everyone it's so bad it is good

Ju-on: The Grudge (japanese) - great horror get the japanese version before hollywood screws this one up like they did with "the ring"...

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen with your entire selection Polak187! May I suggest OCTOBER SKY (one of my all time faves!). Couple of years back, '99 -'01 maybe but worth tracking. True to life story of Homer Hickam, a kid from the mining boondocks who followed his dream to become one of NASA's first scientists!
One of those rare movies that makes you feel thankful for this life.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you liked Oceans11 with George Clooney, then you will likey enjoy Oceans12. While not quite as funny, its still got the good ol' humor. Me and my dad went and saw it since we both liked the first, and we werent disappointed.
Now I need to find the original 60s version with the rat pack and watch that. Apparently it was really good as well with a totally different ending.
Anyways, Oceans12 has some kewl cameos by a few people, which are choice people. One thing I didnt like about the 2nd one though was that the whole technical and special effects of breaking into the 'vault' like the first were non-exsistent in the 2nd. But it still did have its twist like the first, which was kewl.

Cameron

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Been watching UFC Ultimate Figthing Championship DVDs lately. Some are excellent. Choke is great if you're a UFC fan.

Saw Harry and Kumar go to Whhite Castle and thought that was really funny. Also the Chris Rock stand up DVD is great!

Memento was excellent noir a noir thriller.

Anyone here have a Netflix account? I get 8 DVDs at a time and keep each however long I want and then send them back for the next DVD in the Queue. Awesome service with one or two day turn around most of the time.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

UFC is some cool stuff. My bro has a few DVDs and man are they insane stuff! We watched the newest one I think and the final fight was messed up with the guy bleeding all over the place.

Cameron

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought "City of God" was very good. There is a scene in that movie that has got to be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on film. I don't think I'll forget that scene until the day I die.

I thought "Open Water" was good too. It's another one of those movies that sticks in your mind for days after you see it.

"Napoleon Dynamite" was very funny! I knew I was going to like it as soon as he whipped the little tether attached figure out the bus window. That was a very original movie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Some other "quirky" comedies that I've enjoyed:

Welcome to Collinwood
Palookaville
Buffalo '66
The Station Agent

Peter

matt_j

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
I thought "City of God" was very good. There is a scene in that movie that has got to be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on film. I don't think I'll forget that scene until the day I die.
Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one Peter?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
polak187 said:
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one Peter?

[/ QUOTE ]

The one where one of the runts "graduates" after being forced to make a very disturbing "choice". That scene made me feel physically ill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Peter

was_jlh

Enlightened

Peter, your mom goes to college. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

"Whatever I feel like I wanna do, GOSH!!"

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey i just put a couple of those titles in my queue.

BTW If anyone here is a NETFLIX customer, I have an inside scoop for you. There is a new feature going on in beta right now and I can get you in if you want. It's a buddy link thing that let's you share this type of info we are doing here and more with people/buddies you want that also use Netflix.

Just email me your full name and the email address you use for your netfilx account and I will hook you up.

cromagnet at hotmail dot com

raggie33

*the raggedier*

men of honer is awesume.and its a true movie.so inspiering
im wathing fools rush in now its very good to .i fell in love with selma hiyak...
shrek is good
the transporter is good