No "nuwai" on the Nuwai???

stuart

Newly Enlightened
No \"nuwai\" on the Nuwai???

Just recieved two Q3's today. I don't see Nuwai anywhere on the package or on the clip of the light. I thought I've seen Nuwai on pics of the clip before. Is this normal?

Thanks,
stuart

sotyakr

Enlightened
Re: No \"nuwai\" on the Nuwai???

Same here. Is suspect this makes it easier for importers and/or resellers to label the lights with their own brand. Slap on a sticker with the name of your choice, and you too can be a flashlight tycoon!

[ QUOTE ]
KLM said:
Mine didn't say Nuwai either. I kind of like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
stuart said:
Just recieved two Q3's today. I don't see Nuwai anywhere on the package or on the clip of the light. I thought I've seen Nuwai on pics of the clip before. Is this normal?

Thanks,
stuart

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuart, that's because Nuwai is not the manufacturer. They are just a Taiwanese-based exporter. This is why you you'll see the same lights under different badges, like Ombu (LedWave). My QIII (purchased from AdvancedMart) didn't say Nuwai anywhere on the package. Also, the "3watt Luxeon Star LED" print that is on the pocketclip was subdued giving it a practically sterile appearance.

stuart

Newly Enlightened

Thanks everybody. Just wanted to make sure I had the right light. I just had a chance to use it outside. Much more white than my Arc LHS second.
Stuart

steve_vance

Enlightened

As stated above...that's because Nuwai is not the mfgr....only the distributor. Most of their lights are shipped only with the mfgr part #, to allow for "private labeling" by dealers

hsjrev

Newly Enlightened

Mine has no writing or symbols anywhere that I can find, including the pocket clip. Well there is the battery symbol inside the tube, but that's it.