I need a light other than G2

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a light under 6 inches with more throw than a pelican m6(which I have). My price range is under $50. Thanks.

-David

greenLED

Flashaholic
I thought the Peli was the longest throwing light of this class (2x123)./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're OK w/ plastic: per flashlightreviews.com, Bright Star Responder 4AA & Princeton Tec Surge out-throw the Peli. Also, maybe a UK 4AA with 4 watt lamp from brightguy.com? All would have advantage of cheap AAs rather than CR123s.

I had an M-6 and just couldn't get used to 1 hr. runtime on 2 CR123s, so I no longer have it. Am optimistic about the SL Strion on its way this week, but it's over your $50 limit. BTW, I haven't owned the 1st 3 I suggested above, just read about them. But, if you buy one, please post your impressions!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is wrong with the G2? I mean, do you have something against Surefire? Or plastic?

The 4AA Responder is supposed to have excellent throw and is a hair over 6". The Princeton Tec Surge has great throw and CRAZY total output. Again, just a hair over 6" but really bulky being an 8xAA light and a much better beam than the Responder.

Really, the M6 has great throw for a light of its size. The Streamlight TL-3 has better throw but is longer than 6".

Krit

Enlightened
I order pentagonlight and still waiting to get it. 70 lumens with 60 minutes runtime is very interesting and also price 60-70 dollar is very nice.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Streamlight TL-3 will be brighter and out throw the PM6, but with 3 cells instead of 2. The bezel is a little larger as well. You could probably find one on the internet or e-bay around your $50 price range. Check out some reviews at flashlightreviews.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wrangler

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Krit said:
I order pentagonlight and still waiting to get it. 70 lumens with 60 minutes runtime is very interesting and also price 60-70 dollar is very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

130+lms, ~60 minutes runtime, <70 $ = Streamlight TL3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
That`s very interesting!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Wolfgang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaGeek

Enlightened
The surge sounds nice but I'am yet to get one though. Does any one know where I could get one cheap???