Pelican M6

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pelican M6, are the xenon and luxeons for the M6 interchangable?Does anybody have a led head for the pelican M6?

capnal

Enlightened
Well, I have both of these lights. I have been able to disassemble and reassemble them with swapping out components.

Yes it works. Everything switches out.

However, if this is going to be your next question...
No. I do not know if it is possible to just buy the LED portion or the entire head.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called em up and they said that they werent interchangeble. They wouldnt sell me just the head. Somebody help me get the head please. Thanks.

-David

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy the luxeon version, then order just the xenon lamp assembly from batterystation.com.

Call them, though, to make sure this still works.

Bill

Glock

Newly Enlightened
Then your out of luck. Nobody sells the factory LED module because it's not considered a replacement item. It would be a warranty item, thus is only available from Pelican.

Btw, Pelican is wrong, the LED module and incand. module DO swap out, I have the M6 LED and swap in the incand. module all the time. Works fine.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Get yourself a Pelican LED module assembly from Wayne's shoppe. You may need to file down the threads, as the newer PeliM6 does not have a threaded end and the module *may* not fit. Verify this with Wayne and others 'cuz I have not personally verified this.

You could also try posting a WTB (want to buy) on the B/S/T (buy/sell/trade) section.

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Get yourself a Pelican LED module assembly from Wayne's shoppe. You may need to file down the threads, as the newer PeliM6 does not have a threaded end and the module *may* not fit. Verify this with Wayne and others 'cuz I have not personally verified this.

You could also try posting a WTB (want to buy) on the B/S/T (buy/sell/trade) section.

[/ QUOTE ]
LED Module assembly: $26
BB 500 (as an example. Since I don't know much about them I picked one of the cheap ones): $13
3W Star: Let's say ~$16 (from the shoppe)
Total: $53

M6 LED from batterystation: $55

I don't see the logic here.

DaGeek

Enlightened
Hmmmmmmmmmm!! Just get two lights!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
For CPFer's the batterystation price is $45 for the Pelican M6 LED.

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bjn70 said:
For CPFer's the batterystation price is $45 for the Pelican M6 LED.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, well in that case it just further proves my point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
I must fully agree with your point Robban. Regardless of price, there's always the option available for people who like the feeling of building something themselves.

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
Yes the heads are interchangeable I email pelican about this and they said the heads are changeable but they will not sell led moduals by themselvs so get the led and buy a spare incan lamp.