Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M4

• M6

• Total voters

whiteusmc75

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, this is my very 1st post to Candlepower. My question is this.... I bought my very 1st Surefire flashlight the 6P about 3 months ago, and to date am very satisfied with it. I was notifed yesterday that a friend of mine was giving me a brand new U2 ultra Surefire as a gift this week. I am extremely excited with my new Surefire addition, but I have no idea what to expect as a difference from the 6P with the LEDs, and power difference, etc., etc. Thanks

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! You might as well get the M6 now and be done with it- You won't regret it.

mokona2

Enlightened
You forgot one option: Get them all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I'd say go with the M3 first so you can try out Pilas rechargeable batteries without too much fuss. Otherwise, M6! Can't beat that one.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Go with the M6--it is a lovely light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Two 168Ss will fit in the M4. However, the Pilas are 3.7 each (8.4 total), whereas the M4 has 12 volt lamp assemblies. You will be underdriving the bulb and it will appear yellow and be dimmer (and shorten the life of the bulb).

You can run MN15 and MN16 (M3T lamp assembles) with the Pilas. Or, get an extension and drop in another 168S (Topper does this).

Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14C

Enlightened
Once you get the U2 you may find you like LEDs...then:

L4...wall of light, pocketability.
E1e..Smallest size factor, lots of runtime IF you go with a KL1 head too.

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
After the U2.... nothing else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted so you can't edit it out when you have to eat your words later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted so you can't edit it out when you have to eat your words later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I ended up eating mine for a similar statement about the U2. Within weeks, I had a CPF LionHeart!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're mean!! I shan't tell you about the Mag85, Lux3 PR-T, Pelican Big D mod, 3 x Lux3 conversion and 1D Mag, so there!!

Oh....er.............wait.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

DaGeek

Enlightened
Go with an M6 if you have the dough!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the M3 would be more usable than the M6 though, due to the running cost and size of both lights.