Beamshot TD10 with rechargable lithium 3-pack

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW posted this link and I notice this light has a lithium rechargable battery pack of three CR123s. TD10 Link

From the info that I'm gathering it is really challenging to make this work. How did they do it? Can we do it with a 2-pack? Are there any other lights out there that can make use of this battery? Is this battery pack even significant? Anyone seen this light first hand? Please share your opinions.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
From a different thread...
[ QUOTE ]
LoneRebel said:
LEDAgent:You should use a single lithium-ion 17670 cell that is the size of two cr123's. I bought mine a year or so ago and have been using it in my KL4 ever since. I believe they were around 1700-1800mah or so at the time. I believe others have reported the Kl4 stayed regulated for around an hour on a single 17670. Do a search on 17670 and you should find lots of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in this 17670 but when I do a search i come up with millions of irrelivant pages. Anyone know where the threads are for this rechargable lithium? Or even websites??

AW

Newly Enlightened
The TD10 battery pack is actually a twin Pila 150 pack with two cells. It can be used for any flashlight using 3x123 or 9V.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
OIC... Thanks AW. I'm confused as to why they don't discharge at different rates and become unbalanced. I thought it was easy to kill off cells by over discharging them in this set up. This is all in search of a rechargable setup for my 2xCR123 light.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't Pila 150s have undervoltage protection? That would solve that problem. In your case, you could just use JSB R123s which have that protection.