lenny

Newly Enlightened
Brightest 1 x AAA Mod\'d Keychin Light?

OK, who has the brightest Mod?
D'Mo, LED_ASAP (for the Arc)
or andrewwynn with this

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Brightest 1 x AAA Mod\'d Keychain Light?

The Andrew lights are not shipping yet. But I would expect them to be the brightest since they will come with and only use a Lithium rechargable AAA battery at higher voltage then a standard alkaline or nimh and ni cad are at.

A standard battery simply can't provide the power that a rechargable lithium battery can. Also I understand Andrew will have his light running at the maxium power that the battery manufacturer recomends.

So he is pulling the maximum from the battery. That leaves the circuit, and luxeon bin. (Reflector design and optics won't be discussed since you said "brightest", but I think the reflector will be a winner and better then the arc aaa.) The circuit was co designed by several people on this forum. It seems to be very efficiant and a good circuit, great maybe. The Luxeon bin offered is two very good bins. So the bins are pretty much as good as you can reasonably get. (I can't get better).

So I think the Andrew Nano light will be the winner, but it hasn't come out yet. Bottom line is my money is literally on Andrew.

----

BTW - No disrespect to LED_ASAP or d'mo. I think thier lights are fantastic. In fact I think these are the BEST keychain lights that can reasonably be gotton for around $100 or less. Also, I own the as bright as possible LED_ASAP ARC AAA mod, and I literally love it. It is amazingly bright, truly can wow people. Although I may have to sell it to pay for the Andrew light, and I can only carry one keychain light at a time.

PPS - Are my posts too long so that people skip over them? Just tryign to be thorough.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

LED_ASAP will set the mA at one of four settings, I believe. I have the next to the dimmest which draws 400 mA from the battery. It is surprisingly bright. Its pattern is much different than the Inova X5T, but output is very similar. Think about that... 5 LEDs and 2 3V batteries vs an itty bitty single LED single AAA light and very good runtime. I can only imagine what the 750 mA lights are like.

By the way, I read your posts PocketBeam... you're one of my very favorite posting posters that posts posts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks cratz2. That means a lot, as I sometimes wonder if I am helping or not.

Now, can I get a poster of a poster posting posts?

AW

Newly Enlightened

Posting a post to a favorite poster's posting is indeed satisfying :)