Maxmax Flashlight, Dead LED

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
One of my white 5 LED Maxmax flashlights has a dead LED. But I've only used this flashlight intermittently for a total of about 1 hour! Presumably "long life" LEDs where NOT used in these flashlights, unless this particular dead LED was a "fluke"? The other Maxmax flashlights have not been used much either, again for no more than about 1 hour each.

I purchased two white and two red 5 LED flashlights from Maxmax about 5 years ago. One flashlight had a faulty switch, and the flashlight was promptly replaced by Maxmax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . Plus, I received a free LED Mini Light for sending the faulty flashlight back to Maxmax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
So their customer service was outstanding!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
However, the long term reliability of these flashlights are suspect. There are no specifications available for their flashlights (output performance, battery performance). The flashlight output is a bit less than the Inova X5 (which I have also).
I'll probably keep this faulty flashlight for (attempted) mods later on.