Need help on bin codes.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a little help on bin codes. I simply dont understand them especially the numbers. I understand that the number identifies tint. The other things I dont understand are like in the code SX1J, what is the S, the X and the J? I think 1 is green tint right?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Referring to the charts linked to above are great for forward voltage and flux information, but the color information can be a bit misleading, especially with Lux IIIs.

Of all of the bins out there, I've used LOTS of the WO, WA, XO, and X1 color bins and all (with a few exceptions) have been white to varying degrees.

If you are looking for the whitest of the white, then the WO color bin is what you're looking for, but you have to take the color binning with a grain of salt. I've seen many TX1Js that looked whiter to me than TWOJs do.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Looks like I don't need to promote my Luxeon binning summary anymore.

I updated it recently with average CIE X,Y coordinates for white emitters - "cool" and "warm."

It would seem that Lumileds has imrpoved their processes with the LuxIII - their color bins seems to concentrate towards the "ideal" WO bin, so perhaps using the X,Y average isn't so helpful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Latest posts