My favorite LionHeart mode

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Well, now that I've gotten through most of the mechanics of LionHeart menu management I'm trying to figure out what modes I like to use when. I can often be seen wielding my trigger finger (day or night), though like most flashlight guys, the night has a special appeal (the darker the better).

So, to kick things off ...

I like configuration 1 with Force Level 3. It gives me the following advantages.

1. Click brings me immediately to a medium light
2. Click, press (and hold) gets me quickly to the brightest light
3. Press, quick release brings me to a dim light (i.e. Level 1 in adjustment mode)

So, I have a fast way to get to levels 1, 3, and 5. This covers most immediate situations. And of course, any other adjustment is just a press away.

Mr. Bulk, thank you for such a versatile tool.

Regards. ;-norm

Darell

Flashaholic
norm -

That's exactly how I keep mine set up as well. I find that I can perform most tasks on L3 - and the runtime at that position is exceptional. *Almost* instant access to three levels was the goal. Add Autosleep, and you're set for anything. :)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Sounds as though you have quite a feel for that LionHeart. But just so you know, I was initially opposed to the second UI and liked the first (steady ramp-up and true momentary) better, but in a stroke of genius George figured a way to combine the two.

Thanks again for liking your light so much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about how I use mine too, except I force level 2. I find it's usually just the right amount of light, being quite a bit brighter than level 1 (which is perfect for surreptitious night walking).