Peak Snow vs White beamshot

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
snowwhite.jpg

The small blue-looking beam is a single "white" LED Peak AAA "prototype" light. The big white beam is a new 3-LED "snow" AAA, Hi-Power. Apples to oranges, I know, but it's a realistic comparison. To my naked eye the Snow LED's by themselves still seemed a bit blue. But, when comparing Snow to "white" LED's the difference is amazing. My Arc AAA isn't quite as blue as the Peak one above, but compared to the Snow LED's it looks almost as bad.

The pic was taken with an Olympus Stylus 400 with white balance turned down to about -0.7. To my eye, the pic is pretty accurate with what I actually see myself. Enjoy!

wintermute

Enlightened
holy cr@p, I'm sold on Peak snow LEDs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture shows the white tint as bluer than the ones I have but they do make the point very well. Snow color is noticably whiter than the standard white.

Go for the snow.

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Haveblue, in all fairness the blue guy thre is from one of the older AAA "prototypes" that were selling for $15 shipped, so I assume the LED's were probably cr@p. But, my standard, late model Arc AAA is close to being that blue relative to the Snow, too, so it's a very noticeable difference when they're directly compared like this.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see. The proto I have is from their last batch. So the older protos were even bluer in tint than the newer protos?

No offense meant.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
So the older protos were even bluer in tint than the newer protos?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately! Esp if we're comparing the old Peak/ARC Prototypes standard power LEDs to the newer (most recent) Peak/ARC Prototypes with high power LEDs.