• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mag 8aa-2d Nflex 3w mod (withdrawn)

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Hello all, I have for sale a dark blue 2d Mag. It has been modded with a Yaesumofo o-sink, swok bin Lux III emitter, Nflex driver. The stock switch has been changed to momentary action for use with the Nflex, and the stock reflector has been cut to fit, the one currently installed is sputtered, but an unsputtered reflector for a tight beam is available. I have also added blue glow powder around the emitter and a UCL from Flashlightlens.com
Here are some pictures
blueinternal.jpg

Nflex inside the top of the mag.

exploded.jpg

An exploded view, the blue one is the one for sale here.

sidexside2.jpg

Laying down next to it's friend.

bluehead.jpg

Shot of the head, note a sputtered reflector is installed here but you can have a non sputtered reflector for a tight beam if you would like.

sidexside.jpg

Another shot next to it's pewter/silver friend.

sputteredsabre.jpg

Sputtered reflector "sabre" style.

smoothsabre.jpg

Smooth reflector "sabre" style.

spotcomp.jpg

Spot comparison between smooth and sputtered reflector. On the left is the smooth, on the right is the sputtered.

I am asking $120 USD shipped to 48 states. PP to my email address in my profile. This is my first mod and I am very happy with how it came out. Any questions please PM/email/post as you see fit.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Edit: I added some pictures, and lowered price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 8aa-2d Nflex 3w mod

I used some clear acrylic spray paint on a stock mag reflector.
Method I used was: Put cut reflector in a cardboard box, shallow depth, just a little taller than modded reflector.
Shake can for just a little bit, maybe 15 seconds.
Held can angled so that spray nozzle pointed maybe 10 degrees from top dead center.
Sprayed one short burst, maybe 1/2 second, I just gently pushed down on nozzle then immediately released.
Walked back to computer, read some CPF threads, tried to soak the wonderful information in. Timed myself to 15 minutes, that's how long the can said to allow between coats.
Went back to area where reflector was, and repeated short burst spray.
I did about 4 or 5 sprays. That stuff really smells. I let it sit and dry for about 24 hours and it still smelled. I used a damaged reflector for this experiment to see how it turned out. If purchaser desires the sputtered reflector I would use a new one that was not scratched and sputter that to send.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't believe this is still available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
Great light and great price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ctechlite

Enlightened

Thanks Icarus, your mods were my inspiration, as well as some others, I read so much stuff here in the past few weeks. It's really hard to remember who to give credit to. I did this mostly to see if I could and also to see what a led light was like, and what level it could be taken to.