Nuwai .5W 1XAAA light

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one of these from Advancedmart:

http://store.advancedmart.com/nu5waposiled.html

Does anybody know anything about this light or have one they can report on? At approximately the size of a Dorcy 1XAAA LED, I couldn't resist! I'll post my impressions as soon as it arrives...

PJD

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Advancedmart a couple times about that series of lights... They also have 1xAA single output and 1xAA dual output lights on the way.

I doubt you'll get much feedback at this point as I think they either just got them in stock or possibly will get them in the next few days.

I plan on ordering one as well as one of the AA lights when they get them in which I was told would be the next few weeks. If they are on par with the QI/QIII lights, they should be very nice.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting. Can't wait for the impressions. Just a thought, with the bigger reflector it might have better throw then other smaller 1xAAA lights. Also .5 watt at that price is great, and it should be pretty bright. Sounds like a good deal. (Don't know if it pulls .5watt or it is driving the LED at .5 watt, either way I expect it will still be bright, very bright for a production 1xAAA light.)

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cratz2 said:
I asked Advancedmart a couple times about that series of lights... They also have 1xAA single output...

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you post a link to the 1AA single output light?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd be interested in the dual output AA light, depending on the length. But at this point, a single output 1 AA light, if reasonally bright, will join my Q-III [which is on my belt] on EDC duty in my front pocket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJD, do you have a digital camera that you could post some pictures of it as well as beam shots next to other commonly found LED flashlights?

I'm considering this 1AAA light as well as the 1AA version.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Q1 (1w)is also available at advancedmart for $32.95, just $3 more than the .5w at $29.95 regular price, but it's bigger and uses CR123 instead of the cheaper and more readily available AA.

I wonder if the .5w lights will take Lithium AAA and AA?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the appeal of this seems to be the availability of aa and aaa batteries. Hopefully it is cooler in real life than it is in the photo.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appeal (for me) is smallest light of this power for this price , and running a single AA or AAA battery. What is its comercial/production light competition? I am guessing the Dorcy and Peaks don't compare in power and throw.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what LED they are using. A Luxeon underdriven, a high output 5mm [or 8-10mm], or some type of Luxeon clone?

But yes, the appeal is the cheap battery and size/skinnyness.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm Nuwai Sure loves the AAAs... Does it use a 5mm or a luxeon? It resembles the SureFire C2 Centurion in a way...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, with my previous post, I didn't mean to insinuate that AdvancedMart didn't have these lights in stock... I was just relaying to PJD that only a few days ago I was informed that they should be here any day... more than anything just to point out that there were unlikely to be many first hand comments on the lights.

Very sorry for any confusion... we all know that AdvancedMart is one of the best online stores that caters to 'our kind'!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are familiar with the Micro-Illuminator (by Lambda), you can get an idea what .5W can do.
It's output is very close to .5W.
With a good reflector, you should get a really Usable spot, -with a generous amount of sidespill. This size makes for great utility.
That's why I like my Micro. And th light carries well in a shirt pocket too.

A

Advancedmart

I was told these were Taiwanese LEDs. Did someone have lithium AAA, higher voltage? If so I could try that out as well. I do not think there would be a problem using regular energizer lithium AAA.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... twist tails are my least favorite arrangement but I still want to check one out. I'll DEFINATELY buy one of the two level 1xAA if/when they come in.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
At .5W/12 lumens I'd assume it's an underdriven 1W luxeon, like the MicroIlluminator. Being rated at 12 lumens (manufacturer's specs of course...) it can't be a standard 5mm LED. As soon as it gets here I'll post my impressions.

Orion, sorry...no gottum digicam. I keep meaning to get one, but these damn flashlights keep sucking all the money out of my checking account!

PJD

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see the vendor's presence here at the forum. I'm sure you have a lot of interest in your lights.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Advancedmart says that it is not a Luxeon, but wasn't sure what it was and was to get back to me later.