Any Alias fans?

scuba

Enlightened
I just watched a lot of that show on DVDs during the hollidays (the first 3 seasons!) and loved it. It also involves quite a bit of flashlights, mostly Surefires.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense, but I'm not a big fan of Alias. But Jennifer Garner is blazin'..... I could sit through the crappy show just to watch her in that blue latex suit again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a fan of Alias. I thought the first season rocked. I found the tempo very fast and lots of things are happening. I also liked how they covered the double agent keeping double secrets going.

Maybe it is because I can relate to the secrets, although I wasn't a double agent.

Any way I thought last season was off track and tehy lost thier way. The producer has promissed to get back on track for this year, and the episodes which started Wed. night, will run continously without breaks and without reruns. So every week a new show.

And it is neat to watch Jennifer wear a different outfit every week. Last night what was that, a baby doll nighty. Hmm, come to bed...

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
scuba,

Yes. I'm a fan. I disagree with MSax: even at its worst, Alias is nowhere near a crappy show.

That said, I will agree that Season 3 wasn't as good as 1 and 2, and on the whole I'm more fond of the Sci-fi/fantasy genre than of the spy genre, although Alias borders on the former sometimes.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, everyone.

Love that show. And I agree to some extent, the show seems to be a little off track--but I must say the acting seems to get better and better.

I remembered the scene where Sidney just exploded, and said how crappy her life was when Vaugh tried to check on her...and the part where Vaugh shot her with dart and tried to see whether she was ok(beginning of episode 1?), and she said, 'Don't...'...all just great actings.

And I do say the show is full of surprises, where many clever plot was unfolded as the show goes on. But I am just glad to have watch it on DVD, otherwise the wait each week would just kill me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Though I am not in military, I do think there are rooms for improvements to many gun fight scenes. But, hey, it is entertainment, and I definitely had fun watching it.

scuba

Enlightened
I agree that the third season wasn't as good as the first two but iI still consider it pretty entertaining. Great acting overall.