Havis-Shields HID is here!!!!!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to thank you Jeff for sending my light to me!!! It arrived 10 minutes ago and I hooked it up to a 12 adapter and WOW it is BRIGHT!!!!!! I will be posting beamshots soon. I will compare it to a 2.25 Husky and sevaral other lights including my Mag 85 when it gets hooked up. My Light Cannon is in CA so I can't compare that now. Thank you again Jeff!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyone know if the light makes a constant screeching sound for.....ever....after it starts up? I thought the noise from the Ballast was supposed to quiet down after initial start up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

P.S. This light is TOUGH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

C ya,
Baker

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, got mine today also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif thanks Jeff!

Later
Kelly

Raybo

Enlightened
It was on my porch when I got home,a big thanks Jeff!

I'm going to wait until dark O' thirty before I fire her up, will let you know if I cook anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, what a joy... Did you check the postage on the box? Somehow I managed to screw up the initial postage calculation , and lost $4-$5 for every light shipped, but I figure that I made it up on volume /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Baker,

I was just saying yep I had received mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but to answer your question my ballast sings also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't get mine yet, but when I do I will be sending PayPal to cover the difference. I thought your initial shipping quote sounded a bit low, but I though maybe these were gonna fit in the new "large" Priority Flat-Rate boxes. When I saw the pic, it didn't look like that was going to happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again for organizing the GB Jeff!

Peter

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
Paypal sent! No sense in eating shipping costs. Thanks for all your time and effort. Beauty light!

Baker,

What you need to do is shoot handguns a lot without earplugs. You will develop a ringing that will mask most high pitch noises. I don't hear a thing coming from my light by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WARNING: DO NOT SHOOT GUNS WITHOUT PROPER EAR PROTECTION!!!!

I'm sure the rock concerts didn't help either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Vector showed up today too. Pretty cool. This one turned out to be 4.5Ah not the 5Ah as stated. Weighs 3 lbs. 9.3 oz. Should be handy and the price was right.

vector.jpg

For those interested, I had a chance to charge up the Vector and try it out. Very slow to charge A/C (overnight) but ..... it works great! Don't have a runtime for it but it's way too handy for $20 shipped. Yeah!

Raybo

Enlightened
PP sent for shipping.

Thank you Jeff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sway said:
Baker,

I was just saying yep I had received mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but to answer your question my ballast sings also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a relief. I trully could not be more pleased with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought my Light Cannon was a good deal at $165 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

haribante

Newly Enlightened
I got mine too.. and HOLY SMOKES it is bright. It easily throws across the river behind my house (1/2 mile.. the allengeny for those of you who know pittsburgh) and I'm really afraid of blinding someone on the highway on Rt 28 on the other side of the river.

I'll get some beamshots and compare it with my niterider HID mountain bike light (10w) and my elektrolumens tri star.

thanks Jeff!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff,

Postage relief is on the way for the Havis-Shields light and return postage for the HID Biltz for the shootout keep the change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just Luv this little light good spotlight type beam in a small rugged package and the 5000k temp lamp just has to be seen it's much whiter than the 4100K D2S with out much loss in out put it's very much a keeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later
Kelly

larryk

Enlightened
Thanks for going thru the hassle of a group buy Jeff. Received mine today also, and was surprised at how light it is, and how well made. Postage difference is being sent.
Buy the way, mine also sings. Larry.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sings is a great way to describe it. Mine does as well; it really conveys the impression of great power building up, doesn't it?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it sing continuously guys? I though it only did this till it got up to temperature/full output?

Peter

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
Does it sing continuously guys? I though it only did this till it got up to temperature/full output?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, only while ramping up.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Phaser. How long does this "rampup" take? I was thinking about using this on the boat for spotting channel markers, etc. This would entail frequent short intervals of use, is the HS suited for this? How is the otuput when it's "cold"? Sorry about all the questions, this is my first HID.

Peter

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, only while ramping up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....mine seems to sing continuously. I've had mine on for a 10 minute interval and it was "singing" the whole time.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
P.S. Sorry guys. I'd post beamshots but my batteries don't seem to want to get here on time. I am not 100% sure but I ordered them with 3 day shipping 4 1/2 days ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Guess I'm just getteing to impatiant.

And Jeff, postage money being sent.