Nightcutters, Notification of Delivery?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, the turn-around on Nightcutter lights is not rapid. I have several and it seems to me like they haven't arrived here on the other side of the US until 2 weeks or so after I've placed the order. I don't recall receiving any kind of notice from them directly that the lights have been shipped, but it seems like I've received some kind of notice that a package has been entered into the mail system with my name on it.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
sotto, thanks for your comments.
Although I am not overly concerned (at this time) when the order ships, I am hoping that some sort of email notification will be sent when the order(s) do ship. I wish to track the order closely due to problems with a local courier company here. So I am hoping that a parcel tracking number would be also be provided when notified of shipment.
I will probably email Lightship Enterprises early next week if I haven't received any email(s) regarding my orders.

meeshu

Enlightened
I just received the Nightcutter flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
However, I didn't receive any email indicating that they had been shipped. And I also didn't receive an email indicating a tracking number for the parcel.
So it appears that customers are NOT notified when orders are shipped from LE.

meeshu

Enlightened
I got one each of the Sport Light models (3LED white, 3LED green, 5LED white, and 5LED green).
Nice smooth finish. Small. Light weight. 5 LED versions a bit brighter than 3 LED versions (of course). Green LED versions seem brighter than white LED versions. Reasonable beam spread (similar to my Inova X5), so they are suitable for "area illumination". Until I get new batteries for all my flashlights (mail order = cheaper), I'll hold off in comparing brightness and throw between the X5's and the Nightcutter's.
But at this stage I am reasonably happy with the Nightcutter's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhilElmore

Newly Enlightened
I spend a lot of time ordering NightCutters and have never had a problem, though it does sometimes take longer than others to get my shipment depending on what I ordered. This is becuase there are times when I order lights that must be physically built before they ship to me -- it's a function of the demand for their products, which seems quite high at this time. For example, the last time I ordered a shipment of M60Ls I had to wait while they made them.

Almost everyone who has purchased a NightCutter product from me has been extremely happy with it. To date I've had only one warranty issue of which I know (which I addressed by immediately sending out a replacement light anyway).

PhilElmore

Newly Enlightened
Oh, for reference, here's a write-up that compares the X5 to the NightCutter 5P series:

NightCutter 3C, 3CC, 5C, 5P, 5PC review

nightcutter07.jpg