Where do I buy TIROS optics?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its seems that they are used with LEDs only so I decided to post here. How large are TIROS optics? I recall a thread where a guy had a single one of those. Does anyone have the link to that thread? Also where might I be able to buy these?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
TIROS is an Inova trademark. It's used in the XO.

As far as I know, they're not for sale individually. Get an XO and disassemble it if you really want thos specific optics... not all that econonical at ~$40 each.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a difference between referring to a specific product made by one manufacturer (TIROS) and the whole class of Total Internal Reflection (TIR) optics in general of which there are many, MANY kinds. I've seen a few posts making this mistake.

If you want a TIR optic available on the market by itself without having to rip up a light, check out the NX05 (one of the most famous), and the Fraen LP at the Sandwich Shoppe.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Not to highjack the thread, but does a diagram or drawing of the 4th. gen. KL1 TIR optic exist?

Jan

Size15's

Flashaholic
This is a SureFire TIR Optic (not sure which version of it though since the X200A and KL1 use different versions...

1_multipart_xF8FF_4_TIR-002.jpg

Shelby Chan Photographer.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a closeup of the tiros optics in my X0.

inova_tiros_optics-cr.jpg