Which clickie for my SF??

Phil_B

Enlightened
I'm on the list for a Bugoutgearusa LED drop in for my G2 Surefire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I want to use a clickie on it, does anyone know of one that will fit? Is it the same plastic style or metal?
Finally,I'd like a two stage output(think L1/L2-these might even fit?!),is this possible by simple /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif means and can anyone point me to how?
Thanks,Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
L1 will not fit [physically].

I seem to recall some people have made mods that will make the G2 into a clickie by using parts from another switch, there is a thread on it somewhere but you will have to search for it.

I don't think the mod was for a two stage.

Edit: You might want to see if there is anything in the Sandwiche Shoppe, they might have something in there too.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent you a PM with some pictures of my G2 clickie that I bought from another member.

Phil_B

Enlightened
Christopher,thanks. Any chance you can post them (or one of them) on this thread so someone can help me identify it?
It looked to me to be the guts from another SF switch put back into a G2 housing.
Can this be done? What donor switch? Ta :)
ps Flashlight OCD,thinking about it,the L1/L2 switch isn't a clickie anyway. I should think THEN type /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Definately do a search for "g2" or "clickie" you'll find what you need. The clickie switch comes from a 2AA garrity flashlight sold at Walmart. I have no clue for your two stage switch, sorry.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you have your answer right there.

But since you asked, the clickie is on the left.

DCP_4753a.jpg

DCP_4754a.jpg

rugbymatt

Enlightened
did you have to do a lot of modding to get the garrity clickie switch into the G2, I have not modded any of my lights yet but I would like to have a clickie switch on my G2.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a G2 wtih P60 and P61 and both switches from another user. From looking at the switch and the G2 tailcap housing, it doesn't look like anything was modified. There are no areas that look sanded or cut. If they were, it was very well done.

Phil_B

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics Christopher and thanks all for the tips.
Question-where can I get,and how much are "Garrity" AA lights. We don't have Walmart-yet.
Do they (Garrity) have a spares dept?
Thanks,Phil. :)

Phil_B

Enlightened
Found the threads but the question of a spares dept still applies. Meantime I could try a kroll mod...
Isn't the search engine a ***** to use!? Got there in the end. Thanks,Phil. :)

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Size15's, what's the deal on that XMxx? What's with the little flippy thing next to the switch?

I mean, not to sound like too much of a rookie, but if I don't ask, I'll never know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's where you'd attach a pressure switch to use with a tactical mount on a rifle or shotgun. .

Size15's

Flashaholic
The XMxx is a WeaponLight TailCap Switch.
It has a Tape Pressure Switch of cable length xx inches (XM07 =7" cable). The cable can be disconnected and the whole thing is waterproof. The cables are also used on the UMxx and UExx TailCaps.
The push button is a pressure switch which can be clicked on and off.

SureFire%20XM%20&%20UM%20TailCaps.jpg

SureFire%20XM%20&%20UM%20&%20SW02%20TailCaps%202.jpg

Phil_B

Enlightened
Overwhelmed. Thanks all. Especially Spike who has let me have the guts of a G2 Clickie!
Incedentally,if all these threads are the same,does anyone know the Dia/TPI of said thread? Or have a tap for sale?
Thanks,Phil.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Righty right Size15. Being a gun guy, I can't believe I'd never noticed something like that.