Klarus        

Thread: reflector availability

Default reflector availability

Trying to build my M*G85... what is the best reflector (recommendations) and where can I get it.. I see some of the earlier suppliers are tapped out..

Thanks

Skillet

space shuttle called, turn that light out.. they're trying to sleep.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: reflector availability

BUMP

You're probably out of luck for the moment,(you might try to plead on the BST forum)but fivemega will have some more comming up in the near future.

Flashaholic*

Isn't Carley offering a mag moddified version of the 1940 reflector? I think they still require a $50 order, but you need some bulbs too, don't you?

I e-mailed Carley about the drop-in modified 1940 reflector (CL1940-CPF?) and the response I got said to ask people here at CPF for one.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img]

Not to worry. A little bird told me that there is going to be a bumper crop of beautiful aluminum reflectors coming to CPF soon. I can't say anymore but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

In the mean time, feel free to run your lights (even the Mag85BP) in short squirts. In my testing, the stock plastic lens melts well before the reflector does. So, if you swap the stocker with a nice unit (UCL or Borofloat) from Flashlightlens.com, you should be able to run your superlights for up to 3 or 4 minutes straight without doing significant damage.

In other words, go ahead and enjoy yourselves! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wilkey

Just as a side note, I ran an 1185 for about 3 months in the same stock reflector. I used it for many runs up to about 10 or 15 minutes. The reflector melted back about 1/8 of an inch from the bulb and then seemed to stabilize there.

Bill

But....how does one get an 1185, and how much do they cost? Additionally, how frequently do they blow?

davidra: check out the Welch-Allyn groupbuy going on until the end of January.

As for popping, well who knows? It seems to be an uncommon occurrence:

A Moment of Silence

Having said that, Mag85s are still somewhat rare. As they profilerate, there might be additional reports from the field.

Default Re: reflector availability - revealed!

Hi guys,

My lips have been unsealed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]:

One of our resident super-modders, Fivemega, has 200 units in the machine shop. After they are done, they'll go to vac-dep and then they're ready to buy. Availability for purchase is no sooner than mid-February.

So, buy your bulbs, hope Elektrolumens makes more 3-D holders and get ready for some bright times! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wilkey

Geeze, now I just gotta sit here at my PC 24/7 so I don't miss this! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

Davidra,

Check this thread to get all the bulbs you need:

S4MadMan's Welch Allyn Group Buy

Wilkey

Flashaholic*

Hot dog! I'm almost ready!

WOW!!

Pelican bulb here I come!