reflector availability

skillet

Enlightened
Trying to build my M*G85... what is the best reflector (recommendations) and where can I get it.. I see some of the earlier suppliers are tapped out..

Thanks

Skillet

space shuttle called, turn that light out.. they're trying to sleep.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Raybo

Enlightened
You're probably out of luck for the moment,(you might try to plead on the BST forum)but fivemega will have some more comming up in the near future.

RussH

Enlightened
Isn't Carley offering a mag moddified version of the 1940 reflector? I think they still require a $50 order, but you need some bulbs too, don't you?

mokona2

Enlightened
I e-mailed Carley about the drop-in modified 1940 reflector (CL1940-CPF?) and the response I got said to ask people here at CPF for one.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to worry. A little bird told me that there is going to be a bumper crop of beautiful aluminum reflectors coming to CPF soon. I can't say anymore but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

In the mean time, feel free to run your lights (even the Mag85BP) in short squirts. In my testing, the stock plastic lens melts well before the reflector does. So, if you swap the stocker with a nice unit (UCL or Borofloat) from Flashlightlens.com, you should be able to run your superlights for up to 3 or 4 minutes straight without doing significant damage.

In other words, go ahead and enjoy yourselves! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as a side note, I ran an 1185 for about 3 months in the same stock reflector. I used it for many runs up to about 10 or 15 minutes. The reflector melted back about 1/8 of an inch from the bulb and then seemed to stabilize there.

Bill

davidra

Enlightened
But....how does one get an 1185, and how much do they cost? Additionally, how frequently do they blow?

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
davidra: check out the Welch-Allyn groupbuy going on until the end of January.

As for popping, well who knows? It seems to be an uncommon occurrence:

A Moment of Silence

Having said that, Mag85s are still somewhat rare. As they profilerate, there might be additional reports from the field.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: reflector availability - revealed!

Hi guys,

My lips have been unsealed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif:

One of our resident super-modders, Fivemega, has 200 units in the machine shop. After they are done, they'll go to vac-dep and then they're ready to buy. Availability for purchase is no sooner than mid-February.

So, buy your bulbs, hope Elektrolumens makes more 3-D holders and get ready for some bright times! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey