best three manufacturers?

flashniac

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know who are the three best manufacturers in the market and if someone could tell me what mayor stores sell them in the US?

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, Surefire, Streamlight and Inova produce products that are good quality and have good design and features. They are also available lots of places on the internet and in local stores. In my area I have seen Surefire and Streamlight in the local BassPro, Streamlight in the local hardware store, and Inova in SharperImage.

(Note that a lot of stuff that is talked about here is not really production and therefore IMO doesn't count.)

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire is an excellent manufacturer of lights. You can find their lights at cabelas, amazon, etc. Just dont look at walmart, kmart or other cheaper stores. You wont find a 100$ light in any of those stores.

-tom

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire, Havis-Shields (Thanx guys!!), and Mags for the sole reason that they were my first lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just hate the word 'best'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

But Surefire and Inova have many strong advocates and deservedly so... quality products and excellent warranties. But I've personally never had a problem with a Princeton Tec, Pelican or Streamlight either.

Hans

Enlightened
Underwater Kinetics is also a name worth mentioning, I think.

Hans

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight, Maglight, Pelican, Underwater kinetics, Princeton Tec

Except for Surefire's E2e or L4 I think Surefires are not general purpose flashlights. They are for people who use a flashlight as a tool in their profession, not a homeowner's flashlight.