Top Ten Veteran's of CPF??

DaGeek

Enlightened
Re: Top Ten Veteran\'s of CPF??

Number (1) is Raggie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

What's your definition of "veteran"?

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

I dunno. I kinda think our Pharmaceutical Wench would rank right up there!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened

I couldn't quite find the right word. So veteran just came up? Well, I don't have a dictionary with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but you know....early adopters to this site. Err..I'd say you fall into one of the top ten. One example, your number of post. An old timer, perhaps? Knowing the ropes around CPF's so to speak. Something like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Me...Member #13...8-11-00 reg. date...and crusty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

--dan

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a thread buried somewhere discussing the numbers of the early users. I believe number one could not be used for administrative purposes and number two was our founder David W. Craig and Brock are in the top ten but I don't recall who else. Too bad David W. wouldn't post and give a state of union speech. He used to post fairly often telling of his marriage, divorce, job's lost and gained, etc.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd probably vote for Gransee as one of the "veterans". Number of posts is useless as it's the quality of posts that count though I admit it's harder to judge quality than quantity. Blabber on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I vote for Lambda (member #1108). Back in the summer of 2002 his "Ill Pill" was one of the first drop-in Luxeon mods for the AA MiniMag. The "Ill" came from the "Illuminator", a 2xAA Luxeon modded Brinkmann (as I remember) that he sold as a complete modded light.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are in my TopTen: In no particular order.

Ginseng, js, MrBulk, McGizmo, flashlightlens, Sasha, Lambda, Otokoyama, Larry of Larrylight fame, and Litho123.

There are several others and so my list is shorter than it should be, because they are just as deserving.

Most of mine are people who have been directly helpful to me or have extended the art, without running a business of it. (Though some do!)

Bill

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I am not sure what is meant by veteran and whether it has to do with length of membership or impact of presence. In either case, more than any other, Dat2zip has had more effect on me and my life, both within and outside of CPF, than any other! (Hummmm, not sure if I should thank him or blame him!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif )

Well there is a Weenie who has also have a very profound effect on me but he is not as active, directly anyway, on CPF.

Certainly members like Lambda and the others mentioned must be considered as veterans; regardless of criteria! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FWIW, I certainly don't consider myself a veteran of anything; merely a young and active student! Part of this, at least the time and age factor, may be a case of denial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

We *definitely* need a definition here! Save for one guy in the thread so far (tag, Dan, you're it!) the rest of us are all newbies. If I had to pick one favorite actual vetran (my definition) it would be Brock.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe CPFMan just wants to know who our oldest members are in years of age. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Sixpointone

Enlightened

I hope I read this correctly, and if not I apologize in advance.

Having said that, if you are looking for a title too call some of the 'Guiding Lights' here on the CPF you could call them...

1) Gurus

or

2) Guiding Lights

I hope that might help in some small way, as I know first hand how helpful the CPF Community has been to me.

All My Best,
John

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
wonders if the original ten are still with us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many of them, but not all.