Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer's In Person?

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer\'s In Person?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

Robban

Enlightened
Re: Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer\'s In Person?

Wouldn't this be more fitting in the "Café"?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

I uh... don't think so. Unless some of the guys I've met from TheHighRoad.org are also members here. I've referred several folks that I've meet in stores and stuff here.

Just last night, I received two lights in trade and put them in my pocket after playing with them. I already had two lights on my person so that brought the total to 4. I shipped off my lights and mentioned that to the guy at the post office. Another guy there said 'flashlights, huh?' so we got to talking. He's not a forum member but I'm sure he'll be along sometime.

Also, he was carrying the first U2 I've ever seen in person.

nexro

Enlightened

I have met most of the CPFers in my country in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
I have met most of the CPFers in my country in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the other two guys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Yes!

We had a get together of a lot of the North Texas CPF'ers in Ft Worth back in Oct. Great fun putting faces to names! We met in an outdoor restaurant and bugged the heck out of the other customers!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the other two guys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Cyril, that was funny!

Yes, I've met two other Kansas City-area CPFers: ddaadd and slavers. Both are like me: afflicted with flashaholicism. A sad, sad state. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

My dad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

newo

Newly Enlightened

How would you know, barring some kind of organized gathering. I live in the land of the blue hair (Florida). These folks still talk about the invention of the light bulb, as though it were yesterday. They still use candles.

CNC Dan

Enlightened

I met a whole bunch at the 2004 SHOT show in Las Vagas.
Should have taken picks with names and E-mail etc.

Darell

Flashaholic

Dan - you gonna be there this year? I missed meeting too many folks last time! I think I'll just put a big sign one me this year stating "Hi, I'm Darell, come tell me who the hell you are!"

Yeah, I've met a couple of CPFers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

groups

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you kidding? We here in the South San Fran bay area meet all the time! We've had, gosh 5 or 6 get bar-b-q/dinners together.

Plenty people here traveled down to So. California at a Cambria meet last summer.

idleprocess

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
Yes!

We had a get together of a lot of the North Texas CPF'ers in Ft Worth back in Oct. Great fun putting faces to names! We met in an outdoor restaurant and bugged the heck out of the other customers!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was the other way around - they kept pestering us!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

As far as I'm aware, I met just one. Though I haven't seen him on CPF in several years - I can't even remember his CPF handle anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I remember showing my Arc LS prototype to him near the intersection of Denny Way and Broadway Ave sometime in August or September 2001.
This of course does not count DavidW, who I met in Jr. High school in Alaska's panhandle back in the early-1980s.

simbad

Enlightened

I've never seen anyone in person, since we are only three here in Spain we should make the first "Spain's Get Together" ;

naromtap

Enlightened

I know 3, 3 that I dragged down with me, tho only one is a regular here.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I've met Snakebite and Draco in person at a ham radio festival. Snakebite was kind enough to give me some useful tips on repeaters, and Draco showed me his HID spotlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Latest posts