What Would You Like To See Upgraded For Your E2e?

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
If you were to send a letter to Surefire. What would you like to see upgraded for the E2e?

It's high time it offers:

1) 2 stage clickie. (or better yet 3 stage: low, medium, intense)
2) lumens upgrade from 60 to 70 perhaps? Better Higher
3) 100 levels of intensity
4) Candle Mode
5) Second switch(like mag D style) to control different modes like: SOS, Blinking, morse code. (handy when your lost in the woods at night)

These are just examples, But I bet you have better ideas... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Suggestions to Surefire - E2e Upgrade for 2005

Regulated incan, A2 style. That would put the E2e's incan back where it belongs. Intelligence in the head please, and head for separate sale, so we can upgrade existing in-service E2e's to a *REAL* regulated incan. An option for 100+ lumens of light would be nice but not absolutely necessary since 2xCR123 battery configs are not optimal for that kind of output.

The E2e I hear is receiving a Z57 clickie (stock) as part of its 2005 lineup, so that's all good.

There isn't really much that could be improved on the E2e, because everything I can think of has been handled by aftermarket conversions or Surefire kits. Extreme throw? PR-T. Lotsalumens? KL4 conversion.

PS: I'm sure that is a hypothetical question, but just in case, I wouldn't actually write letters/emails to Surefire bugging them to do certain things a certain way. I'm sure they have their reasons, just that we're not quite sure about some of them. About the regulated incan issue, they advertised the C2D/M2D in their 2002 catalog but they were never really launched.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened

Yes regulated would be really cool, I prefer the beams from incans over leds but I hate that you have to change batteries after like 30minutes of use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

vtunderground

Enlightened

I'd like to see Surefire upgrade their QC first. My E2E came with a bent clip and a couple of noticible dings to the anodizing. For $95, customers deserve perfection.

That being said, I'm glad the new E2E's are coming with the Z57 tailcap. I'd also like to see some way of retaining the lamp inside the head. It sucks when you open a light for the first time and the lamp falls out onto the floor. More throw would also be nice.

(I'm probably the only person here who doesn't like the E2E. I'd sell mine, but it was a gift from my girlfriend. I guess between the hype and the price, I kinda expected better.)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm not too overwhelmed by the E2e. IMHO the P60's beam is better. I have an E2e-SG, a 6P, and a C2. I see the E2e for what it can become, not what it is. Try the KL4.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What Would You Like To See Upgraded For Your E

[ QUOTE ]
CPFMan said:
If you were to send a letter to Surefire. What would you like to see upgraded for the E2e?

It's high time it offers:

1) 2 stage clickie. (or better yet 3 stage: low, medium, intense)
2) lumens upgrade from 60 to 70 perhaps? Better Higher
3) 100 levels of intensity

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiple intensity levels on an incandescent? I thought we decided that at lower temps, the halogen cycle can't complete and thus the bulb will burn out quickly. Or do you mean a 2-stage clickie for an E2e w/ a KL4 head on it?

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened

I think they should start to regulate all lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Just to get more distance to the other producers, they are comming closer and closer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like to see a rechargeable kit for the E2e, inclusive of bulb and battery. It is an easy mod.
Also, as VT said, a retainer for the LA would really help.

Anthony

AuroraLite

Enlightened

For incan regulation, I would second that!

And as for the design, it would be nice if they can:

1) Have the option to have clip for bezel down or up(just like knives), and longer clip.

2) All models can stand on tail(like E2D), or even candle

3) A2 with Clickie in E2E form(user choose--either first click be bright incan, or battery-saving LEDs, second click vice versa)

4) All models have lanyard point either on clip or on body(again, like E2D)

5) intelligent menu for incan or LED--user have more options: lock out, low battery warning flashes after use, auto dim(for LED), or various forced level, etc...ahem, *cough* *cough*, like Lion-*cough*-heart... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

Although it is not on the list. I would choose to further the throw of the kl1 or kl4 heads. I would have liked the kl4 better if it were a spot light. I really am not into the flood light. It isnt very good for spotting animals from long distances.

-tom

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

The same beam as the E2D w/o the teeth would be nice. I like it much better than my E2Es.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have a point. The beam of an e2d is significantly brighter within the center of the beam. I like the throwing ability of the e2d, although I still love my e2e.

-tom

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm also in favor of a rechargable lithium option. I'm starting a feeler over in the GB forum for a modded "E" series lamp assembly that could accept bi-pin bulbs modded "E" series lamp assembly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

leukos I was just going to post that a lamp assembly that is compatible with the Pila 168S battery would be the answer to many complaints. The Pila lithium-ion batterys have a verrrry flat discharge rate which mimick regulated lights.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would be happy with a high output lamp assembly the runs for something like 20 minutes per set of 123s. A small turbohead would also be nice.

-Mike

XtremePyro

Newly Enlightened

I like the idea of a turbo head for the Eseries.
Maybe something 1.75" similar to the Aleph 3 head.
Dont want to hijack CPFMan's thread, so if anyone wants to start a new thread dedicated to discussion of this idea that would be great( I dont have time at the moment, gotta run to the shop) but if anyone came up with a good feasable design
I would be willing to machine a prototype.

Tim

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
XtremePyro said:
I like the idea of a turbo head for the Eseries.
Maybe something 1.75" similar to the Aleph 3 head.
Dont want to hijack CPFMan's thread, so if anyone wants to start a new thread dedicated to discussion of this idea that would be great( I dont have time at the moment, gotta run to the shop) but if anyone came up with a good feasable design
I would be willing to machine a prototype.

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be a great idea!!! A Turbo for your E2e. I like that. Lets have a group buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

everything posted so far are thing's i would say too.

different head's, and lamps: regulated, brighter etc. I am disturbed other 2X123's out throw a E2e/E2d. similar forms like a pelican M6 out throws a E2e? fix that now!
why is a 6P got 5 to 60 more lumen's? don't see why that can't be done for the E2's

I have got a screwed up order with SF, that aside, update the site, add a new's page, keep us informed.VDG