the most expensive?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably a spotlight of some kind, you can drop 2-4k pretty easily one the 'bright' ones.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would imagine the Surefire M6 is about the most expensive light that most people would say "looks" like a flashlight. Same general shape as a maglight 2D except it's 1.5-2 inches shorter. I'm not sure what they run these days. I bought mine nearly 6 years ago and cost me $270 back then and the cheapest 123 were $3.75 each. When I put that 500 lumen high output lamp in, it was costing about $60 per hour to operate.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
SF's "The Beast", around $3000, AFAIK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever held one? It's fricking huge! I hled one for a about 1 minute. It seemed nearly as long as a baseball bat and probibly 6 inches in diameter at the head...it truely is a beast

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, what about Puff Daddy's upcoming gold and diamond encrusted jobbie?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, the M6 is the biggest dollar light I've ever touched.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Never held one, but just looking at the pics of the beam gave me a light-induced migraine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Well, there's "expensive", and then there's modder lights that can't be bought for any amount of mere money. Those are "priceless".

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
My most expensive is my custom 3rd_shift light. I'm not big on putting a lot of money into one expensive light when I have lots of less expensive lights that I'm interested in. The 3rd_shift mod is relatively unique and one that I can get a lot of use out of.

kj

Enlightened
The most expensive flashlight in my collection is, yes, The Beast.

I'm looking forward to the release of the successor of the PSL35 from KenRad. This must be nice!

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Well, there's "expensive", and then there's modder lights that can't be bought for any amount of mere money. Those are "priceless".

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
Have you ever held one? It's fricking huge! I hled one for a about 1 minute. It seemed nearly as long as a baseball bat and probibly 6 inches in diameter at the head...it truely is a beast

[/ QUOTE ]

The Beast reminds me of an Olympic torch or something. The bezel's diameter is just a touch under 4 inches. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif