What flashlight on the cover of Newsweek?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Newsweek's cover; 10/29/01 shows a Special
Ops soldier outfitted with the latest gear, including a tactical-type light attached to his M-14.Any ideas what that light might be? Perhaps a military version of a 2 or 3 lithium cell light? Hard to tell if the reflector is smooth or stippled.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Kogatana, I went to the site and got the cover picture. I tried to enlarge it and couldn't, then I tried to copy/paste it into this reply and I couldn't. I'm somewhat of a newbie to computers as well as to CPF, and any advice or instruction would be much appreciated.

Regards, Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic
I think it could be a SureFire WeaponLight from the Millennium Universal Series. Possibily the MU95 which has the same Bezle as the M2.

The BeamFilter does look like one from SureFire's FM Series.

Of course I could be wrong, but it doesn't look long enough to the the MU96 like shown by 'KT'.

It is not the M900A or the M500A. I doubt it would be the proto-type PK has on his site (with the Bezel off-set closer to the barrel) but the it's very difficult to tell from the tiny image posted.

I'm sure PK will post a better image of this cover on his site at some stage...

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have a link to it on their front page. I was completely wrong.
http://www.surefire.com/misc/whatsnew.html

"SureFire Model 650-05T tactical light with a momentary tape switch and optional disable switch "

The BeamFilter is open, and from the larger image SureFire show, it looks like the old style tip-off black version. You can also make out the body. It is black without cooling fins.

A Classic WeaponLight rather then one of the Millennium Series.

It's great to see the SureFire kit is still doing the job.

Al

Latest posts