Bulb & Batteries Questions

tippy

Newly Enlightened
Just getting started with this latest "hobby of the day" and have a few questions.

When looking at the WA bulb chart, the 6v 01111 is rated at 3.35 amps and the 9.6 volt 01185 is rated at 3.15 amps. Does this mean the 01111 draws more per cell than the 01185? Is there a formula I can use to determine how many amps are being drawn from each cell on a over-driven bulb? Is it simply amps divided by number of cells?

I've been doing a lot of reading regarding batteries and plan to go the high current route such as the Kan 1300's. Do the Kan's fit in the fivemega 8aa adapters? The Kan's can be purchased at Batterystation but are not button tops. Can I solder on my own button blob? Anyone have instructions on how to do this? Or can anyone provide info on where to purchase high current AA's with button tops?

Thanks

turbodog

Flashaholic
Any number of cells in a series ALL have the same amperage output. Each cells voltage will vary, but the current passing through each will be the same.

Now, each cell can supply differing amounts of amps before they are discharged, due to manufacturing differences. So, you're only as good as your weakest cell. When one cell tanks.... you MUST stop discharging them because the other cells will then charge the dead cell in reverse. This usually causes bad things to happen.