mag 6d

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
guys i have a mag lite 6d and was wanting to know what all i could do with it performance wise i want it to be as bright as posible and don't really care about run time but i am a student and don't have a lot of cash so what could i do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can start changing bulbs. Try a RadioShack KPR112. It might not last long but it will be bright.

If you do a lot of research on these forums you can see what other people have done with more esoteric bulbs such as the WA's.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
For about $75, you can get a glass lens, aluminum reflector, Potted WA1111, and some rechargeable NiMH batteries and charger (alkalines wont provide the amperage).

lumens = 880 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Most of the cost is in the batteries, of course.

Too long of a flashlight, IMHO, unless you like walking around with a baseball bat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
You can save up about $150 and send it to Wayne at ElektrolLumens for a QUAD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quad.beamshot.jpg

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems that many people are asking these kinds of questions lately. I think the quad is a good choice. It doesnt require much work. It is a luxeon light, which has even more benefits. The only part is that it goes really hard on your wallet, credit card, etc.