Thanks for making me feel... normal. :)

CQB

Enlightened
I'm on the evening shift this month. So this has been my routine from the time I get off work to the time I get home:

- leave building, enter dark parkade area, use EDC (currently Aleph III + E2o)
- drive home, occassionally shooting beams from my A3 from out my window. Hey, I gotta do SOMETHING to keep me awake!
- Pull up to the driveway. Grab any garbage from my truck. Use A3 to light my way to the trash can.
- Open front door. Get greeting from Man's Best Friend.
- (important) do NOT turn on ANY lights in the house.
- Use A3 to make my way to the kitchen, open sliding door, let dog out to pee. Use A3 to light up back yard & roofs of neighboring houses. Still get amazed at the A3's throw.
- Let dog back in. Close & secure kitchen door. Again, NO LIGHTS TURNED ON. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
- Make my way upstairs - kiss the sleeping wife. Again, NO LIGHTS TURNED ON. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
- Quickly decide if I want to let my EDC rest for a bit, if so I grab another FL from my shelf - usually the L7 or XM3.
- Use bathroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
- Enter computer room. NO LIGHTS TURNED ON. Catch up with CPF. Read up on prospective FLs that I really dont need & hardly can afford yet am still seriously considering getting anyways as long as the wife doesnt find out how much it'll cost me this time... Man the Elektrolumens QUAD looks sooooooooooooooooooooo nice..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
- after 1-3 hours using the computer in the dark, head back to the bedroom, get into bed, and play with a flashlight (no no no, not THAT "flashlight"...) until I fall asleep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

... and I still think I am NORMAL.... right guys? Huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

be safe & g'nite!
CQB

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Sure you're normal, but you "need" a red LED for around the house. You might even "need" a headlamp to use while you're on the computer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Normal? For sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am now starting to think that maybe the EDC that everybody's carrying day to day...is like the 'One ring' in LOTR. That same ring that rule them all, in darkness bind them...

'My preeccciiious...'

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck yeah it is normal! Most nights, I make up my bed and prepare to sleep with one of my lights... Every night I play with at least two of them (for comparison sake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )and sleep with at least one (normally two) under my pillow
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashniac

Newly Enlightened
of course you are normal. I carry five flashlights in my car, one in my son's room, 2 next to my bed, one LED in my keychain, 1 headlight at work,(the thing is in my country we get blackouts daily), and i use them every moment possible.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get home.. pull out U2 Digital Ultra. Never bother with a light switch again. As you move forward through the house, you have to turn on one switch, go to the next room, turn on that switch, go back to the first room, turn it off. With the U2, turn it on and start walking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All midnight beer runs have become very much more convenient too.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
CQB, glad you can be normal... I do that at home (make sure I leave the lights off) and walk around and everyone might think I'm a burglar!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Niteowl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CQB said:....drive home, occassionally shooting beams from my A3 from out my window.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for making me feel "normal"!

Mark

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate getting caught by my neighbors while I'm playing "flashlight". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

georget98

Enlightened
Real CPF members use LCD screens with the backlight turned off so they can even use their EDC to see their screen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds ok to me.

Especially the part about coming to a dark house, being greeted by the dog, checking the baby in her crib and giving the sleeping wife a buss on the cheek before settling down and enjoying some quiet time and a feeling that everything is right in the world.

Of course I did it with a finger over the lens of my 6P...the same 6P the wife demanded she have because it was so cool.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Real flashaholics forget how to replace ceiling lights because they rarely use them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
georget98 said:
Real CPF members use LCD screens with the backlight turned off so they can even use their EDC to see their screen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*holds up his Palm IIIx and U2*

Who needs that ridiculous green backlight on the monochrome screen anyway.. I have no less than six levels of light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
Real flashaholics forget how to replace ceiling lights because they rarely use them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ceiling lights? What are they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you some kind of freak?? You only EDC ONE light?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

CQB

Enlightened
LOL!! Yeah I guess I *am* a freak since i sometimes ONLY edc one FL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I swear, I DO carry anywhere b/t 2-4 FLs on my at one time... it just depends on my mood! Really!

Please, can I still retain my Flashaholic title??! I promise I'll start using my EDC during the DAY as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

CQB

Enlightened
she's a pit cross = pitbull + whippet. (Can u imagine what *that* must have been like?!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

she's about 7 yrs old now. The friendliest thing on four legs. Loves everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I admit with other k9's I make sure i keep an eye on her... afterall she IS part pit. She gets along with most dogs - but sometimes dogs will be dogs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Interesting tidbit:
When pits were first being bred, the breeders were aiming to create a breed that could excel at "pit fighting"... BUT at the same time, also be extremely docile & obedient with humans. So pits were NOT bred to be aggressive to both dogs & humans - that is a common misconception.

I myself have no use for an aggressive dog. I wanted a "family" dog - one that is great with people, kids included, and is protective of the home & its members. That is exactly what my little "baby" is. (*proud smile*)

But due to her being part "pit", I have had to educate & remind others that not all pits are dangers to society.

Any breed can be brought up to be aggressive. IMHO, these types of problems usually find its origins on the human side of a situation and not with the dogs themselves.

Sorry, I dont mean to sound defensive. I know you're probably a fellow dog-lover too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This was more for others as a FYI, that's all.

... and tks for asking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CQB