the max quantity of lumens for less than50US?

flashniac

Newly Enlightened
to all the wise flashlighters in here, what is the most lumens I can get for no more than 50 US dollars? (brand, model,etc.)

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: what can I get for no more than 50 bucks?

I'd say that the 2.25 million CP HUsky spotlight from Home Depot is the best bet. It's only $25 but it puts out almost as much light as my $200+ HID system. It comes with internal rechargeable battery, spotlight, worklight, LED battery indicators, DC power charger (also for direct use from DC outlet), and an AC charger. I believe it is trully one of the best deals in the the whole flashlight business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif It gets about 15-20 minute runtime.

Ofcoarse there is always the mighty Thor spotlight. That only costs about $30 from Costco and that is even brighter than the Husky light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif BUT!!!!!!!!!!! I must warn you that that Thor is probably not much smaller than the moniter your looking at!!!!!! It's BIG!!! It gets about 45 minute runtime.

O ya, welcome to CPF!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope that helps.

C ya,
Baker

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your question was more along the lines of pocket size flashlight, I would say Streamlight TL-3 or a modded M*glite 2C (6 cell bulb, 3x CR123a cells, heater hose) or the Princeton Tech Surge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cy

Flashaholic
My cyclops Thor from Sam's was $29. very impressed by how well this low dollar light (won't say cheap) held it's own in the superlight shootout.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For flashlight-shaped flashlights, the Surge is pretty frickin bright and has nice throw.

Also, pretty much any 4 1.5V cell (4xAA, 4xC, 4xD etc...) light with fresh batteries and a 3 cell Krypton bulb (don't use the Xenons) is impressively bright. This is technically a mod, but since all the parts you need are at most Home Depots all together, it's only barely a mod.

Speaking of mods, you can always get a 2C MAG, three 123 batteries and a PVC (or heater hose) spacer and a KPR112 bulb from Radio Shack for impressive output in a relatively small package. Sputter the reflector or maybe 'arrange' some well crumpled aluminum foil over the reflector for a better beam but slightly less throw.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes for the modded Maglite 2C, but I use a 5cell bulb and 3-CR123a cells